Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Stool Analysis Results - Low Siga

3 posts in this topic

I recently received the results of a stool test done by Diagnos-Techs, and it showed I have very low Total Intestinal SIgA (16), with the normal amount being over 400. Does anyone know what that means???

It also said I had high Alpha Anti-Chymotrypsin (174), with the normal amount being below 60. This indicates colonic inflammation. How do I fix these things? My doc mentioned L-glutamine. Does that work?

Thanks in advance!

Laura

Ads by Google:

I recently received the results of a stool test done by Diagnos-Techs, and it showed I have very low Total Intestinal SIgA (16), with the normal amount being over 400. Does anyone know what that means???

It also said I had high Alpha Anti-Chymotrypsin (174), with the normal amount being below 60. This indicates colonic inflammation. How do I fix these things? My doc mentioned L-glutamine. Does that work?

Thanks in advance!

Laura

Low IgA means you don't produce normal amounts of IgA antibodies. So tests which rely on IgA results (like blood tests for celiac disease) won't be accurate for you. You'll have to test for IgG (and/or IgE) antibody reactions to foods if you suspect allergies.

Yes L-glutamine DOES work to heal inflamed intestines (and stomachs damaged from H. Pylori). However, if you don't remove the cause of the damage (a food allergen or an intestinal infection from bacteria, etc.), the inflammation can continue despite taking L-glutamine. Did your doc test for the cause of your inflammation?

I'm not familiar with Alpha Anti-Chymotrypsin. However, you can google that term to understand what an excess amount means for you.

Low IgA means you don't produce normal amounts of IgA antibodies. So tests which rely on IgA results (like blood tests for celiac disease) won't be accurate for you. You'll have to test for IgG (and/or IgE) antibody reactions to foods if you suspect allergies.

Yes L-glutamine DOES work to heal inflamed intestines (and stomachs damaged from H. Pylori). However, if you don't remove the cause of the damage (a food allergen or an intestinal infection from bacteria, etc.), the inflammation can continue despite taking L-glutamine. Did your doc test for the cause of your inflammation?

I'm not familiar with Alpha Anti-Chymotrypsin. However, you can google that term to understand what an excess amount means for you.

Thank you burdee! I suspect the culprit is food allergens. I did have bacteria and parasites, but I took antibiotics, and it appears that they are gone. Of course, there is always some bacteria in our guts, but I think what is there now is not a problem. I have heard great things about L-glutamine, I am going to try that.