Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Stool Analysis Results - Low Siga

3 posts in this topic

I recently received the results of a stool test done by Diagnos-Techs, and it showed I have very low Total Intestinal SIgA (16), with the normal amount being over 400. Does anyone know what that means???

It also said I had high Alpha Anti-Chymotrypsin (174), with the normal amount being below 60. This indicates colonic inflammation. How do I fix these things? My doc mentioned L-glutamine. Does that work?

Thanks in advance!

Laura

Ads by Google:

I recently received the results of a stool test done by Diagnos-Techs, and it showed I have very low Total Intestinal SIgA (16), with the normal amount being over 400. Does anyone know what that means???

It also said I had high Alpha Anti-Chymotrypsin (174), with the normal amount being below 60. This indicates colonic inflammation. How do I fix these things? My doc mentioned L-glutamine. Does that work?

Thanks in advance!

Laura

Low IgA means you don't produce normal amounts of IgA antibodies. So tests which rely on IgA results (like blood tests for celiac disease) won't be accurate for you. You'll have to test for IgG (and/or IgE) antibody reactions to foods if you suspect allergies.

Yes L-glutamine DOES work to heal inflamed intestines (and stomachs damaged from H. Pylori). However, if you don't remove the cause of the damage (a food allergen or an intestinal infection from bacteria, etc.), the inflammation can continue despite taking L-glutamine. Did your doc test for the cause of your inflammation?

I'm not familiar with Alpha Anti-Chymotrypsin. However, you can google that term to understand what an excess amount means for you.

Low IgA means you don't produce normal amounts of IgA antibodies. So tests which rely on IgA results (like blood tests for celiac disease) won't be accurate for you. You'll have to test for IgG (and/or IgE) antibody reactions to foods if you suspect allergies.

Yes L-glutamine DOES work to heal inflamed intestines (and stomachs damaged from H. Pylori). However, if you don't remove the cause of the damage (a food allergen or an intestinal infection from bacteria, etc.), the inflammation can continue despite taking L-glutamine. Did your doc test for the cause of your inflammation?

I'm not familiar with Alpha Anti-Chymotrypsin. However, you can google that term to understand what an excess amount means for you.

Thank you burdee! I suspect the culprit is food allergens. I did have bacteria and parasites, but I took antibiotics, and it appears that they are gone. Of course, there is always some bacteria in our guts, but I think what is there now is not a problem. I have heard great things about L-glutamine, I am going to try that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Weird things people have said
      I've had people say strange things about celiac to me lately... Like someone said, "Oh I'm just a mild celiac so I don't have to worry about cross-contamination." And then someone else said that they're celiac but things have calmed down now so they can have a bit of gluten here and there. And I told my doctor that back in 2014 I thought I had been gluten free but I actually wasn't because I had been repeatedly glutening myself with an old colander. And he just looked at me like I was insane, like a colander?? Sure... I'm not crazy, right? Even if you have no symptoms you have to avoid cross-contamination because you can be doing damage internally right? You can never have 'just a bit'. And a colander is a big source of cross-contamination right?? I know all this but why do these other people not? Why does my doctor not know? So confusing and spreading misinformation... And then they look at me like *I'M* crazy.
    • fructose malabsorption and gluten intolerant
      Look up FODMAPS.   That might clarify things for you.  There really are a lot of diet recommendations so make sure you bring a list of questions regarding foods to your doctor's  and dietician's appointments.  
    • Recovery?
      Thank you for sharing those web sites. I will look at them. We have been gluten free since December so it's been a while. Once, he had a gluten free beer, the kind that they take the gluten out, and his legs felt very heavy and had a more difficult time walking. I really don't want to experiment.  Although I am very careful about what we eat, I am concerned that some of our medication could contain gluten. Is there any easier way to tell if medication has gluten. I did find a website which listed drugs and known gluten but every drug was on it or was determined to be gluten free
    • fructose malabsorption and gluten intolerant
      I don't have celiac but doctors or amazed I don't so they told me to fallow the gluten-free diet like I have it... any way I was wondering if one can have corn, corn starch if they have fructose malabsorption. I am so confused on what I can and can't have.. i have an appt next week hopefully with a dietitian... also can you have sugar free stuff since it's not sugar.. I'm reading online and I'm getting a bunch of mixed info on both. 
    • Depression / anxiety issues
      Hi all.  Still feeling the same way this past week. I'm thinking of dropping dairy starting from today, I don't know if I have a problem with it or not, but I drink 2 coffees a day with milk. I'm just constantly tired all the time, and getting trough the day is pretty hard, I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my sleep was improving but the last couple of days I have been waking up at least 3 times during the night, then when I get up in the morning it feels like I have been hit by a bus, like I haven't slept at all. I keep waking up during the night needing to drink water as I feel dehydrated, I don't know why as I drink 2-3 litres of water everyday 
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Jmg  »  admin

Hello Admin!
      I don't know whether this is of interest to post on your articles feed:
      http://pratt.duke.edu/about/news/window-guts-brain
      Kind Regards,
      Matt
      · 2 replies
    • celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ktowncaroline