This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's For Breakfast Today?

GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

I'm making Banana Bread this morning! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alex11602 Collaborator

I'm making Banana Bread this morning! :)

That sounds really good!

freeatlast Collaborator

Today I had appam (Indian rice pancakes), carrot/cauliflower curry, and apricot mousse (pureed overripe apricot with a touch of gelatin to make it firm up.). Oh, and piece of chocolate while I made the curry and pancakes.

That sounds good. I had potato and pea curry and flatbread one day last week for breakfast--left overs. Today I was bad and had two pieces of gluten-free vegan blonde brownies with coffee. Got to STOP baking desserts for a while!!!!!

mbrookes Community Regular

I actually have two breakfasts. First is a carton of fat free yogurt (Usually Yoplait). Then it's off to the gym. When I get back I have a protein. Today it was peanut butter on apple slices.

When I went gluten-free, I gained a ton of weight. I'm within 10 pounds of my goal, so I'm pretty strict with myself right now.

AMom2010 Explorer

I made heuvos rancheros (sp)? and it was delish! Sauteed some onion then simmered a can of rotel tomatoes with the onion until thickened. Poached eggs right on top of the tomatoes and served on a crisp corn tortilla with refried beans and shredded cheese. Very good and filling, even my 15 mo. old gobbled it up :)

freeatlast Collaborator

I actually have two breakfasts. First is a carton of fat free yogurt (Usually Yoplait). Then it's off to the gym. When I get back I have a protein. Today it was peanut butter on apple slices.

When I went gluten-free, I gained a ton of weight. I'm within 10 pounds of my goal, so I'm pretty strict with myself right now.

GOOD FOR YOU! That's the only way to do it. Once you get it off, you'll be able to cheat once in a while. You can always look forward to that :)

love2travel Mentor

I made some lovely strawberry banana flaxseed muffins this morning (which you can make low fat with apple butter replacing the oil).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

alex11602 Collaborator

Yesterday and today we had homemade zucchini bread.

Marilyn R Community Regular

I tried almond flour pancakes again. They are supremely delicious, (like coookies) but very aggravating to cook. (Tough to flip, long to cook.)

But they're delicious and safe, low carb, some protein, so I guess they're worthy, but I need to tweak the recipe.

alex11602 Collaborator

I tried almond flour pancakes again. They are supremely delicious, (like coookies) but very aggravating to cook. (Tough to flip, long to cook.)

But they're delicious and safe, low carb, some protein, so I guess they're worthy, but I need to tweak the recipe.

Which recipe did you use? I made some the other day that were pretty good so I was just wondering.

love2travel Mentor

Speaking of pancakes, these are what I am making tomorrow morning for my breakfast...with my own homemade bourbon vanilla extract.

Open Original Shared Link

alex11602 Collaborator

Today we had leftover warmed up peach blueberry crumble.

Yesterday I made french toast with Rudi's gluten-free bread. It was SO yummy!

Today I'm having a bowl of Honey Nut Chex cereal with coconut milk and a granny smith apple.

Marilyn R Community Regular

Which recipe did you use? I made some the other day that were pretty good so I was just wondering.

I made the one in Elana Amsterdam's Almond Flour cookbook. I checked her website yesterday and saw that she revisited the recipe. The almond flour should be at room temperature and the pancake mix should be allowed to sit for 15 minutes before cooking at medium or MH vs. ML as instructed in the cookbook. I'll try that next time, I used flour straight from the freezer and didn't allow resting time for the batter. I guess they're a Sunday morning recipe...

She uses a cast iron pan, I use non-stick. I can't imagine making them in a cast iron pan, because they just don't flip like a pancake should.

That said, I really like almond flour and that cookbook.

What recipe did you use?

alex11602 Collaborator

I made the one in Elana Amsterdam's Almond Flour cookbook. I checked her website yesterday and saw that she revisited the recipe. The almond flour should be at room temperature and the pancake mix should be allowed to sit for 15 minutes before cooking at medium or MH vs. ML as instructed in the cookbook. I'll try that next time, I used flour straight from the freezer and didn't allow resting time for the batter. I guess they're a Sunday morning recipe...

She uses a cast iron pan, I use non-stick. I can't imagine making them in a cast iron pan, because they just don't flip like a pancake should.

That said, I really like almond flour and that cookbook.

What recipe did you use?

I used the same recipe actually although my flour was at room temp since I had just gotten it. I will try letting them rest next time, my daughter keeps asking me to make them again.

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Apple-Cinnamon Risotto. It is made in the crock-pot and SUPER easy. It re-heats wonderfully.

-Jessica

cahill Collaborator

Gluten free pancakes with real maple syrup and sausage :D

love2travel Mentor

Freshly baked warm focaccia bread with my homemade basil pumpkinseed pesto.

kellynolan82 Explorer

Well, seeing as though here in Australia *all* mainstream breakfast cereals at least contain that dreaded malt obviously that isn't going to be an option this morning. And I could have really used some corn flakes this morning.

(Oh well, just another day for these companies to miss out on a bit of extra income :mellow: )

So I'll probably have a load of bacon and a bowl of yoghurt and maybe even make myself sick (once again) :angry::o

kareng Grand Master

Left over lasagne. There is one piece in a 9x13 pan taking up too much space in the fridge. I'm eating it for the good of the family. ;)

Coleslawcat Contributor

I'm bad today. A slice of devil's food cake with buttercream, gluten-free of course.

GFreeMO Proficient

Today I had Cream of Rice hot cereal with brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins. It tasted like a cinnamon roll. Coffee and a glass of OJ.

Hawthorn Rookie

Bad girl today, a handful of almonds, and a couple of chunks of pineapple, a couple of strawberries and a cup of tea.

alex11602 Collaborator

Hubby is making breakfast today....cinnamon apple muffins and Jones maple breakfast sausage links.

Leftover saffron rice and half a piece of grilled steak.

Archived