Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

What's For Breakfast Today?

536 posts in this topic

scrambled eggs

Ads by Google:

Grilled ham and Provolone again...had to use up the ham.

Cherries.

My new favorite breakfast--a banana slightly mashed with 1/2 of a Ginger Snap Lara Bar stirred into Fage yogurt.

Breakfast tacos...scrambled eggs and potatoes in a hard white corn taco shell and topped with shredded cheddar and ketchup. Served them with strawberries and bananas with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and dollop of homemade whipped cream.

This morning we tried the new apple cinnamon rice chex. It reminded me of apple cinnamon cherrios, but it smelled like the Quaker apple cinnamon oatmeal.

This morning we tried the new apple cinnamon rice chex. It reminded me of apple cinnamon cherrios, but it smelled like the Quaker apple cinnamon oatmeal.

I can not find that here yet, but I keep looking. I can't wait to get my hands on a box. Today I'll "settle" for eggs, bacon and cheese on an arepa. Which I suppose I should get my butt in gear and make if I intend to have breakfast before the rugrat gets dropped off.

Sweet potato fries.

This morning was pork and an apple.

Yeah, pork. It was leftover.

I found apple cinnamon Chex! It isn't exactly what I expected but I like it. I will definitely be getting more when I can find it on sale. Yeah, little miss coupon was so excited she paid full price for a box of cereal. Worth it.

Homemade dinner rolls grilled with ham, Provolone, blueberry ketchup I made yesterday and spicy mustard we brought back from Croatia.

Blueberry ketchup?!?!?!!? Please esplain! :D

Also, have you ever tried a smoothie with frozen pineapple, yogurt, and a bit of orange juice? :)

Baked plantain with sea salt.

Blueberry ketchup?!?!?!!? Please esplain! :D

I'm still waiting for my blueberry ketchup esplanation!!!

Today I had leftover ground beef and rice fried in butter with leeks and spices and parmesan cheese for breakfast. I like dinner for breakfast!

I'm still waiting for my blueberry ketchup esplanation!!!

Today I had leftover ground beef and rice fried in butter with leeks and spices and parmesan cheese for breakfast. I like dinner for breakfast!

Sorry - I posted it the day after you asked for it but obviously that post did not show up. Weird.

Anyway, here we go again...

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/08/sauced-blueberry-ketchup-condiment-recipe.html

This morning for breakfast we made a shake/smoothie. If anyone ever had the Chocolate Elvis smoothie from Planet Smoothie it tasted just like that. 4 frozen bananas, 1/2 c peanut butter, about 2 tbs chocolate syrup and about 2 cups of almond milk and blend together.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, truth be told, Hershey bar with almonds. King size. And coffee! Black. Afterall, it IS fourth of July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sausage scrambled eggs and an almond flour muffin. Sausage recipe from here, though I left out the sugar.

Apple cinnamon rice cakes with peanut butter.

Where the heck is the pumpkin fudge recipe? What, do we have to beg here? :huh::blink::ph34r:

Strawberry flax milkshake. Oh yeah, milkshakes for breakfast all summer long. This is gonna be awesome!

Simple today. Two scrambled eggs, cream cheese on Rudi's toasted raisin cinnamon bread. E Yum!

Leftover ground beef n onions from dinner.

2 fried eggs, homemade hash browns out of the potatoes from dinner and some blueberries. I ate so much that I skipped lunch. :)

As my husband is finally officially gluten free I have promised (at least for his first week) to send him off to work every day with a hot breakfast. The kid I babysit is sound asleep and right now I'm kicking myself thinking I could be too! I'm gonna make pancakes, bacon and eggs. Scrambled for him, poached for me. I haven't had a poached egg in a long time and there is just something magical about them.

3 gluten-free rice cakes

an hour and a half later:

gluten-free bread with PB & J

Attempted the Ehwhron (or however your spell it) Brand cereal in cocoa

and it wouldnt go down. I thought I was going to throw that up. It was

AWFUL... any normal brand cereal that is gluten-free?

... any normal brand cereal that is gluten-free?

Yes! A number of Chex cereals are gluten-free (obviously not Wheat Chex) and Kelloggs has come out with gluten-free Rice Krispies made from brown rice. The boxes are clearly marked gluten-free. They're also easy to find in grocery stores as well as Wal-Mart.