Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

What's For Breakfast Today?

536 posts in this topic

made bacon, hash browns, & Vans gluten-free waffles. The waffles are really dry. We sprinkled cinnamon/sugar as DD wanted cinnamon waffles. Anybody know how to make cinnamon waffles that aren't dry as a bone? or a brand that isn't dry like vans?

DD rarely eats breakfast in the morning going to school. Now that its summer I'll be experimenting with different things. Tomorrow gonna make grits the old fashioned way. We like the instant ones but they aren't gluten-free.

Ads by Google:

Went to a local Gluten Free restaurant for breakfast today. I had waffles, bacon, and berry coulis.. it was good tasting but when the waitress told me it was all made from a mix I was ticked off. For the price they charged and then to tell me that it's Pamela's mix... grrr I could have made that at home which I will do from now on... grrrrrr No one deserves to be called chef if they can't make a simple pancake/waffle batter on their own without the help of a mix!!

Also, I didn't know that Pamela's pancake mix has almond meal in it.. so Benadryl was my friend this morning... I asked if they had flax in anything (another allergy) but never thought to ask about the other nuts... sigh

So that on top it all just made me KNOW that I'll never go back there, gluten free kitchen or not!

Rant completed :angry:

Went to a local Gluten Free restaurant for breakfast today. I had waffles, bacon, and berry coulis.. it was good tasting but when the waitress told me it was all made from a mix I was ticked off. For the price they charged and then to tell me that it's Pamela's mix... grrr I could have made that at home which I will do from now on... grrrrrr No one deserves to be called chef if they can't make a simple pancake/waffle batter on their own without the help of a mix!!

Also, I didn't know that Pamela's pancake mix has almond meal in it.. so Benadryl was my friend this morning... I asked if they had flax in anything (another allergy) but never thought to ask about the other nuts... sigh

So that on top it all just made me KNOW that I'll never go back there, gluten free kitchen or not!

Rant completed :angry:

The first few words are exciting but how disappointing to hear the rest of the story! I would be really annoyed, too. How hard is it to make gluten-free waffes?? How frustrating for you.

We have no gluten-free restaurants anywhere even remotely close here (must drive 3 hours). But if they are like that one....what can I say? How sad.

Today I made pancakes using gluten-free Bisquick and also had sausage patties. Actually it was kinda late to be called breakfast but it worked. :)

We had chicken sausage, toasted Udi's and scrambled eggs. I made a little breakfast sandwich with my egg, sausage and toast.

made bacon, hash browns, & Vans gluten-free waffles. The waffles are really dry. We sprinkled cinnamon/sugar as DD wanted cinnamon waffles. Anybody know how to make cinnamon waffles that aren't dry as a bone? or a brand that isn't dry like vans?

DD rarely eats breakfast in the morning going to school. Now that its summer I'll be experimenting with different things. Tomorrow gonna make grits the old fashioned way. We like the instant ones but they aren't gluten-free.

I don't like Van's either. It's like eating cardboard unless you soak it in syrup, and then it's like eating syrup-soaked cardboard. :lol: I have not replaced my wafflemaker yet (it's all gluteny and impossible to clean to make it safe) but I have seen many recipes for homemade waffles. Pancakes are really easy to do and there are tons of recipes/mixes out there. Do a search for gluten-free pancakes or waffles and ton of recipes pop up.

First breakfast: four peanut butter cookies.

Second breakfast: Chicken salad over shredded cabbage.

Tuna, shower, chocolate muffin, and apple.

today Rice chexs and milk,,,

Yes ,I have successfully add dairy back in to my diet :D

This morning I had a piece of leftover tuna steak and two Pamela's ginger snaps, but not at the same time. :P

My husband told me he is spoiling me all day today - I am under strict orders not to lift a finger! So, he cooked:

- Canadian back bacon from a local farmer

- scrambled eggs

- roasted potatoes with chives

Scrambled egg with steamed salmon

The first few words are exciting but how disappointing to hear the rest of the story! I would be really annoyed, too. How hard is it to make gluten-free waffes?? How frustrating for you.

We have no gluten-free restaurants anywhere even remotely close here (must drive 3 hours). But if they are like that one....what can I say? How sad.

This is a new restaurant in my city and I thought it would be ok. I think if they knew the waitress was telling people this stuff they'd can her. Also, at 9:30am there were no other customers in the restaurant... hmmmm should have been a sign. They have a natural foods store attached and I think the restaurant (which in my opinion will be closed within the year) is to draw business to the store to buy their over priced items. I can buy the same things at the grocery store for $2 less (per item). But lesson learned

My husband told me he is spoiling me all day today - I am under strict orders not to lift a finger! So, he cooked:

- Canadian back bacon from a local farmer

- scrambled eggs

- roasted potatoes with chives

Lucky you.... does he have a brother !!! :lol::D

Lucky you.... does he have a brother !!! :lol::D

:lol::lol::lol:

People often ask me that and unfortunately the answer is NO brother. He's cooking dinner tonight, too, and I have no clue what it will be (except I know it will involve the grill).

I had 2 Pamelas Lemon Shortbread Cookies and a banana. :)

Instead of breakfast this morning I was in my dentist's chair - I broke a tooth over the weekend and needed to get that taken care of this morning. Long appointment but glad it's over! :P

Bought some Udi's cinnamon rolls today! Cant wait to have one tomorrow with a big steaming cup of decaf coffee! Anyone tried these yet?

Instead of breakfast this morning I was in my dentist's chair - I broke a tooth over the weekend and needed to get that taken care of this morning. Long appointment but glad it's over! :P

Ugh. Hopefully you will be having something yummy tomorrow then!

Ugh. Hopefully you will be having something yummy tomorrow then!

I'm hoping to tonight but it's doubtful as my face is still frozen. :huh: But we do have yummy meal plans for tomorrow! There's always hope. :lol:

Bought some Udi's cinnamon rolls today! Cant wait to have one tomorrow with a big steaming cup of decaf coffee! Anyone tried these yet?

I haven't tried them but have seen them so am curious as to what they are like. Let us know! I've had the Kinnikinnick doughnuts that some people really enjoy but I must say I found them underwhelming. Perhaps the recency effect is still in place with me - I had my last good real yeast doughnut in February and still remember how delicious it was.

today was cottage cheese and rice crackers ,, May I ( again :P ) say how VERY happy I am that dairy has reentered my life :D

It's strawberry season! So lots of fresh strawberries with yoghurt and some (gluten free of course!) corn flakes. Delicious!!!

Porridge made with Pure oats, water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Served with lactofree milk. I love porridge!