535 replies to this topic

#136 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:34 AM

Lacklustre! A thick chunk of homemade banana bread with flax and pecans and a piece of provolone cheese.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#137 freeatlast

freeatlast

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:06 AM

A piece of coffeecake, peanuts, coffee, ice-water. Will eat a piece of cheese later in the morning for my protein.

Coffeecake was very dry, but still good. Hum, maybe add 1/2 cup of pumpkin next time for moisture.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#138 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:08 AM

Two pieces of banana bread that I made yesterday and coffee. Am sure I'll have a more substantial breakfast later as this will never hold me until lunch.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#139 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

A burger on a Udi's bun. :ph34r: Bad I know, but I did eat it around 10 AM and didn't have any lunch so I consider it more like brunch. Now I'm making some sweet potato fries for a 3 PM linner or should I call it dunch? :lol:
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#140 sb2178

sb2178

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

larabar
soy chai

stayed up late last night... and ate a bedtime snack, so didn't need much this morning.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable
3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG
4/2010 Negative biopsy
5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)
5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

#141 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:08 AM

Coffeecake, the BEST I have ever had, coffee. YUM!

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#142 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:16 AM

I've never had my grits sweet. One of these days I will have to try it. Ever since I had to give up dairy, grits are just not the same without lots of butter and cheese. I usually just put salt and pepper on them now.

Hi!
I never ate my grits salty. My grandmother was cooking it for us all the time. Her versions were: Spread grits on plate and sprinkle with:
- cinnamon, sugar and "melted" butter (butter must be golden brown, not just melted)
- "melted" butter, and Nesquick, or something like Ovaltine, or cocoa powder and sugar

It was delicious. I miss it. I tried to make it with Earth Balance, but It wasn't the same as with butter.
My grandma made us Farina and polenta the same way. Yummy..

And today I had two slices of Udi's bread with tuna fish pate (scallions, tuna fish, mustard, Earth balance butter) and l cup tea.

#143 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:22 AM

Two hard-boiled eggs, 2 pieces of zucchini bread (made with Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix) and coffee.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#144 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:26 AM

This morning I had roast beef on original Rudi's bread, it was on sale so we finally decided to try it and my girls had the cinnamon raisin Rudi's for the same reason.

Not sure if our tastes have changed alot or what, but the bread wasn't too bad and didn't feel like eating cardboard. It was also testing eggs for my youngest so I really hope it works out since she used to be able to eat them in things.

#145 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

This morning I had roast beef on original Rudi's bread, it was on sale so we finally decided to try it and my girls had the cinnamon raisin Rudi's for the same reason.

Not sure if our tastes have changed alot or what, but the bread wasn't too bad and didn't feel like eating cardboard. It was also testing eggs for my youngest so I really hope it works out since she used to be able to eat them in things.

I have been testing Udi's breads ( are they the same as Rudi's??) and seem to be able to tolerate the eggs when in baked items.
I do get some heartburn but I think that is the potato starch/flour not the eggs.

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#146 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

This morning a cup of black tea and a piece of Udi's cinnamon bread

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#147 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:39 AM

I have been testing Udi's breads ( are they the same as Rudi's??) and seem to be able to tolerate the eggs when in baked items.
I do get some heartburn but I think that is the potato starch/flour not the eggs.

It's a different brand. These are the ingredients for the original Rudi's:
Water, potato extract, rice starch, rice flour, sorghum flour, organic high oleic sunflower/safflower oil, organic evaporated cane juice, organic honey, egg whites, organic inulin, yeast, sea salt, organic molasses, xanthan gum.

We haven't tried the Udi's because I haven't seen it in the stores here, but looking online at the ingredients it looks like the ingredients are similar.

#148 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

Bacon, mushroom and Guyere omelette with chive roasted potatoes and fruit salad.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#149 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

Bacon, mushroom and Guyere omelette with chive roasted potatoes and fruit salad.

Chives from your garden? Sounds good.

#150 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

Chives from your garden? Sounds good.

Our chives (and everything else) are growing rampant! Our raised beds are against our white house surrounded by gravel. With the rain we have had things are monstrous. Am trying to keep up with all our herbs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: