535 replies to this topic

#151 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

Had to fast for bloodwork so had a late breakfast. But it was worth the wait - Eggs Benedict! I have not had that for awhile. I used gorgeous fresh farm eggs, local ham, a gluten-free bagel and made delicious hollandaise.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#152 alex11602

alex11602

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:11 AM

Granny Smith apples with peanut butter this morning for us. Very simple, but we have alot to get done today.

#153 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, a big hunk of Provolone, raspberries from a friend's garden and cranberry juice.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#154 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

Granny Smith apples with peanut butter this morning for us. Very simple, but we have alot to get done today.

GET OUT! That's what I had for lunch. No wonder I'm so hungry now.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#155 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

I'm glad this thread got bumped up again. I've been bad about eatign breakfast lately. I had some corn chips and roasted red pepper hummus around 10:30 this morning so I guess that was breakfast. :ph34r: I need to get back to eatign healthy breakfasts again! Thanks for the inspiration, y'all.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#156 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

Tomorrow I'm going to have greek yogurt with fresh sliced peaches and a drizzle of honey. Yum! (Newly back on the dairy wagon!) :D
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#157 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:16 PM

I normally have rice chex for breakfast, and normally an apple and peanutbutter for lunch.

#158 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:29 AM

Since being on summer break from school/my job breakfast has been lunch. Soon I'll have to go back to being normal!! Oh my! 5 a.m. here I come!
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#159 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:17 AM

Since being on summer break from school/my job breakfast has been lunch. Soon I'll have to go back to being normal!! Oh my! 5 a.m. here I come!

Are you a teacher? I know, it's hard to get back on schedule.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#160 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:19 AM

Am baking blonde brownies now. Will have with my coffee in a few when they're done. Can't wait (I know, I'm being bad right now, too. Will start back with healthy breakfasts Monday when school starts).

#161 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:43 AM

Am baking blonde brownies now. Will have with my coffee in a few when they're done. Can't wait (I know, I'm being bad right now, too. Will start back with healthy breakfasts Monday when school starts).

School starts Monday already? Doesn't start here for another three weeks...

#162 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:44 AM

Blueberry muffin, strawberries and cranberry juice.

#163 kendon0015

kendon0015

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

My first post!

Anyway, I discovered a Hispanic supermarket not far from home and came home with a 2 pound bag of masa harina and a tortilla press. I've had fresh corn tortillas with melted monterey jack cheese for the last three breakfasts, and a side fresh fruit. Now to prepare some interesting/healthy toppings to keep in the fridge. These tortillas are so easy to make (youtube) and taste nothing like those from the supermarket.

Within the same three miles, I feel lucky that there is a large Asian market, Indian market, and Hispanic market...a dream come true for those who love to cook, and cook gluten free.

#164 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:28 AM

This morning I had enough energy to really make my girls breakfast so I made them almond flour pancakes, breakfast sausage and cut up watermelon and grapes. Now my oldest is running around saying that the healthy breakfast is making her run faster since she is alot healthier now.

#165 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:06 AM

My first post!

Anyway, I discovered a Hispanic supermarket not far from home and came home with a 2 pound bag of masa harina and a tortilla press. I've had fresh corn tortillas with melted monterey jack cheese for the last three breakfasts, and a side fresh fruit. Now to prepare some interesting/healthy toppings to keep in the fridge. These tortillas are so easy to make (youtube) and taste nothing like those from the supermarket.

Within the same three miles, I feel lucky that there is a large Asian market, Indian market, and Hispanic market...a dream come true for those who love to cook, and cook gluten free.

Welcome! I love making fresh corn tortillas too. I had a dinner party where one of my friends claimed he hated corn tortillas but he LOVED the fresh ones I made. They are a completely different texture/taste from the premade ones.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: