535 replies to this topic

#166 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

Are you a teacher? I know, it's hard to get back on schedule.

I'm a teachers assistant. I've had so much happen this summer! I also got moved to a new school and I'm having some problems with anxiety. My eating has been way off because of this. Most people I know start to get back on a schedule, but I usually jump back in!
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#167 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

2 pieces of french toast made with Udi's bread and bacon. ;)

#168 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:38 AM

Yoplait Harvest Peach Yogurt this morning...my dairy experiment for the month.

#169 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:45 AM

This morning was gluten free Rice Krispys. I was not impressed ,but I was running out the door and needed something quick.

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#170 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:47 AM

gluten-free Honey Nut Chex. That's it! Excruciatingly dull. At least dinner will be good! :P
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#171 sb2178

sb2178

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:29 AM

Oh, I'm a little in love with the gluten free rice crispies. I've been eating them like popcorn though, plain or w/ PB as a snack, rather than as cereal.

Today I had appam (Indian rice pancakes), carrot/cauliflower curry, and apricot mousse (pureed overripe apricot with a touch of gelatin to make it firm up.). Oh, and piece of chocolate while I made the curry and pancakes.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable
3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG
4/2010 Negative biopsy
5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)
5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

#172 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

I had a banana and piece of Rudi's toasted with peanut butter.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#173 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

Roasted potatoes with a chive omelette.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#174 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

I taught my 5 year old how to make cookies last night so we had the snickerdoodles she made and a smoothie with whatever I found in the fridge (grapes, watermelon, pineapple chunks, strawberries, a little bit of grapefruit juice, black cherry fruit preserves and peanut butter).

#175 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:19 AM

Homemade apple cinnamon muffins. It's what my daughter chose for her first day of (home)school breakfast.

#176 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:39 AM

I'm making Banana Bread this morning! :)
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#177 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:53 AM

I'm making Banana Bread this morning! :)

That sounds really good!

#178 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

Today I had appam (Indian rice pancakes), carrot/cauliflower curry, and apricot mousse (pureed overripe apricot with a touch of gelatin to make it firm up.). Oh, and piece of chocolate while I made the curry and pancakes.

That sounds good. I had potato and pea curry and flatbread one day last week for breakfast--left overs. Today I was bad and had two pieces of gluten-free vegan blonde brownies with coffee. Got to STOP baking desserts for a while!!!!!
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#179 mbrookes

mbrookes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:04 PM

I actually have two breakfasts. First is a carton of fat free yogurt (Usually Yoplait). Then it's off to the gym. When I get back I have a protein. Today it was peanut butter on apple slices.

When I went gluten-free, I gained a ton of weight. I'm within 10 pounds of my goal, so I'm pretty strict with myself right now.

#180 AMom2010

AMom2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

I made heuvos rancheros (sp)? and it was delish! Sauteed some onion then simmered a can of rotel tomatoes with the onion until thickened. Poached eggs right on top of the tomatoes and served on a crisp corn tortilla with refried beans and shredded cheese. Very good and filling, even my 15 mo. old gobbled it up :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: