535 replies to this topic

#181 freeatlast

freeatlast

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:15 PM

I actually have two breakfasts. First is a carton of fat free yogurt (Usually Yoplait). Then it's off to the gym. When I get back I have a protein. Today it was peanut butter on apple slices.

When I went gluten-free, I gained a ton of weight. I'm within 10 pounds of my goal, so I'm pretty strict with myself right now.

GOOD FOR YOU! That's the only way to do it. Once you get it off, you'll be able to cheat once in a while. You can always look forward to that :)
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#182 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

I made some lovely strawberry banana flaxseed muffins this morning (which you can make low fat with apple butter replacing the oil).
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#183 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

Yesterday and today we had homemade zucchini bread.

#184 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

I tried almond flour pancakes again. They are supremely delicious, (like coookies) but very aggravating to cook. (Tough to flip, long to cook.)

But they're delicious and safe, low carb, some protein, so I guess they're worthy, but I need to tweak the recipe.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#185 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:22 PM

I tried almond flour pancakes again. They are supremely delicious, (like coookies) but very aggravating to cook. (Tough to flip, long to cook.)

But they're delicious and safe, low carb, some protein, so I guess they're worthy, but I need to tweak the recipe.

Which recipe did you use? I made some the other day that were pretty good so I was just wondering.

#186 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

Speaking of pancakes, these are what I am making tomorrow morning for my breakfast...with my own homemade bourbon vanilla extract.
http://glutenfreegod...cakes.html#more
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#187 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:53 AM

Today we had leftover warmed up peach blueberry crumble.

#188 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:24 AM

Yesterday I made french toast with Rudi's gluten-free bread. It was SO yummy!

Today I'm having a bowl of Honey Nut Chex cereal with coconut milk and a granny smith apple.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#189 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

Which recipe did you use? I made some the other day that were pretty good so I was just wondering.

I made the one in Elana Amsterdam's Almond Flour cookbook. I checked her website yesterday and saw that she revisited the recipe. The almond flour should be at room temperature and the pancake mix should be allowed to sit for 15 minutes before cooking at medium or MH vs. ML as instructed in the cookbook. I'll try that next time, I used flour straight from the freezer and didn't allow resting time for the batter. I guess they're a Sunday morning recipe...

She uses a cast iron pan, I use non-stick. I can't imagine making them in a cast iron pan, because they just don't flip like a pancake should.

That said, I really like almond flour and that cookbook.

What recipe did you use?
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#190 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:05 AM

I made the one in Elana Amsterdam's Almond Flour cookbook. I checked her website yesterday and saw that she revisited the recipe. The almond flour should be at room temperature and the pancake mix should be allowed to sit for 15 minutes before cooking at medium or MH vs. ML as instructed in the cookbook. I'll try that next time, I used flour straight from the freezer and didn't allow resting time for the batter. I guess they're a Sunday morning recipe...

She uses a cast iron pan, I use non-stick. I can't imagine making them in a cast iron pan, because they just don't flip like a pancake should.

That said, I really like almond flour and that cookbook.

What recipe did you use?

I used the same recipe actually although my flour was at room temp since I had just gotten it. I will try letting them rest next time, my daughter keeps asking me to make them again.

#191 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:24 AM

Apple-Cinnamon Risotto. It is made in the crock-pot and SUPER easy. It re-heats wonderfully.

-Jessica
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#192 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:53 AM

Gluten free pancakes with real maple syrup and sausage :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#193 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:02 PM

Freshly baked warm focaccia bread with my homemade basil pumpkinseed pesto.

#194 kellynolan82

kellynolan82

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

Well, seeing as though here in Australia *all* mainstream breakfast cereals at least contain that dreaded malt obviously that isn't going to be an option this morning. And I could have really used some corn flakes this morning.
(Oh well, just another day for these companies to miss out on a bit of extra income :mellow: )

So I'll probably have a load of bacon and a bowl of yoghurt and maybe even make myself sick (once again) :angry: :o

#195 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

Left over lasagne. There is one piece in a 9x13 pan taking up too much space in the fridge. I'm eating it for the good of the family. ;)

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: