535 replies to this topic

#256 freeatlast

freeatlast

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:10 AM

Corn Chex with apple juice instead of milk, the way I always eat it, half a banana and six almonds along with Tetley UK tea.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#257 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:54 AM

Chicken salad on tostadas
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#258 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:59 AM

Corn Chex with apple juice instead of milk

Good idea, thanks, hadn't thought of doing that
Gluten-Free as of September 2011

Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits...it says 'Oooooooo'.
Peter, those are Cheerios.

#259 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:38 AM

Elana's Chocolate Chip scones (stones according to my 5 year old or cookies according to my almost 2 year old cookie monster:))

#260 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

yogurt, and piece of Rudi's cinnamon raisin bread, toasted, w/ margarine.

Corn Chex with apple juice instead of milk

Good idea, thanks, hadn't thought of doing that

That is a good idea--- I'll have to try it sometime
(just plain ole milk gets boring after a while!)

Elana's Chocolate Chip scones (stones according to my 5 year old or cookies according to my almost 2 year old cookie monster:))

lol, that's cute!
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#261 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

GAPS/SCD muffins made with eggs, squash, honey, and almond meal. Black coffee with honey. I'm feeling much better grain-free/dairy-free, dammit.

#262 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

Brown rice cake spread with peanut butter, half a sliced banana & a drizzle of honey with a sprinkle of cinnamon.

I like rice cakes with melted cheese on them too, but I usually over nuke them.

Glad you're feeling good Skylark!
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#263 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:19 AM

Three buckwheat pancakes with water/apple cider vinegar inplace of milk, thanks to gluten-free Manna's recipe and Takala's comment about water tasting just as good, and three slices of turkey bacon with black coffee with a dash of salt and vanilla added to the grounds b4 brewing. Extremely yum!!!!
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#264 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:28 AM

Eggs fried in bacon grease on baked potatoes.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#265 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

Glad you're feeling good Skylark!

Thanks, though grain-free/casein-free is a bit of a pain.

Today a slice of coconut flour bread with half a banana, coffee with honey.

coconut bread recipe is here: http://nourishedkitc...ut-flour-bread/

#266 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

two pouches of fruit snacks as I was running out the door. Then later a piece of gluten-free banana bread and a gluten-free pumpkin raisin muffin that I made yesterday.
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#267 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:56 AM

Just a simple apple with peanut butter and black coffee.

I count my blessings that I can have peanut butter. I think a peanut allergy would be far harder to live with than a gluten intolerance.

#268 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:08 AM

My husband made us hashbrowns, sauteed mushrooms and ham, lightly scrambled some eggs and arranged it all in a tower and topped with a bit of cheese (I am still limiting the amounts I can have). He is our breakfast cook. :)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#269 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:50 AM

Mashed potatoes
Warm strawberry applesauce
Black coffee

#270 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

Not very cohesive today:

apple juice
pear
strawberries
chocolate chip cookie
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: