Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:59 AM

Honey Nut Chex
Pear
Chocolate chip cookie
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#272 Ellie84

Ellie84

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:09 AM

No-fat quark with fruits and a hint of sweetener. Vitamin-fortified breakfast cereal made from brown rice and beet fiber, containing not too much sugar. Large cup of green tea with ginseng flavour.

I actually wanted the last piece of oatbroad with bacon and eggs, but the blue fuzzies had beaten me to it :(
27, F, from the beautiful area of Twente in the Netherlands. English is not my first language, so I apologize for any errors.

Symptoms started in 2007, but no link to celiac disease was found until 2009. I learned of celiac disease through the internet, my doctor never recognized it. She put me on a diet before tests were done, so the initial tests failed. My GI advised me to do a gluten provocation, which had to be stopped too soon to take a reliable biopsy. Based on symptoms such as vitamin deficiencies, GI problems and osteopenia my diagnosis now is: glutenintolerant, suspected celiac disease. This diagnosis was in march 2010, and I've been so much better ever since.

#273 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:44 PM

Just a simple apple with peanut butter and black coffee.

I count my blessings that I can have peanut butter. I think a peanut allergy would be far harder to live with than a gluten intolerance.

I have a peanut allergy and it is hard to live without! The real kicker for me was finding out I'm allergic to tomatos! I can find gluten-free bread as a relacement, but not a summer tomato. I loved hot toast with peanut butter.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#274 lucia

lucia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:29 PM

I have trouble with breakfast, so these ideas are helpful. (I'm thinking rice cakes with peanut butter tomorrow.) Today was leftover hot gluten-free cereal from Bob's Red Mill that I originally made with added blackberries and raspberries which I revived by heating up with milk and adding sliced almonds and banana slices. Plus herbal tea.

#275 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

Two soft-boiled eggs
Banana, Bluberry and Pineapple Smoothie
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#276 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:17 AM

"I can find gluten-free bread as a relacement, but not a summer tomato. I loved hot toast with peanut butter."

Carolinakip, I'm sorry that you can't eat those things. :( I love both of those things too, I 'm really trying hard to focus on enjoying what I *can* eat, not taking anything for granted!

This morning I had vanilla flavored black coffee, and a baked potato with avocado and chopped tomatoes on top, my new favorite treat. I never would have thought of combining those things until I started having to get "creative" with my diet, but I love it!
Gluten-Free as of September 2011

Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits...it says 'Oooooooo'.
Peter, those are Cheerios.

#277 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

Well, it's not breakfast time. But can I just say how wonderful Chocolate Chex Cereal is? I'm eating some now for my snack, it's so good. Thank you Chex Company!!!!! :P
Gluten-Free as of September 2011

Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits...it says 'Oooooooo'.
Peter, those are Cheerios.

#278 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

"I can find gluten-free bread as a relacement, but not a summer tomato. I loved hot toast with peanut butter."

Carolinakip, I'm sorry that you can't eat those things. :( I love both of those things too, I 'm really trying hard to focus on enjoying what I *can* eat, not taking anything for granted!

This morning I had vanilla flavored black coffee, and a baked potato with avocado and chopped tomatoes on top, my new favorite treat. I never would have thought of combining those things until I started having to get "creative" with my diet, but I love it!

You should see the creative ways baked potatoes (or "jackets") are done in England! I've had tuna salad, baked beans and a host of other great potato toppings. Keep experimenting - there are thousands of great combos. I like to add cheeses, pancetta, caramelized shallots, fresh herbs, herb butter, goat's cheese, pesto...

#279 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

From scratch - potato pancakes smothered in organic maple syrup.

#280 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

Well, it's not breakfast time. But can I just say how wonderful Chocolate Chex Cereal is? I'm eating some now for my snack, it's so good. Thank you Chex Company!!!!! :P

Agreed!!! all of the gluten-free Chex flavors-- especially the Chocolate, Cinnamon, and Honey Nut-- are all regulars at my house for breakfast, snack, or dessert (and yes, sometimes dinner, too!!)

in fact, that's what I had for breakfast this morning... Honey Nut & Cinnamon Chex & 1/2 banana, w/ milk; and a yogurt. :)
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#281 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:40 AM

butternut squash soup with half a hot link, and, a bit later, eggwhite casserole made with spinach, ham, sundried tomatoes, and shredded potatoes. (Doesn't everyone have two breakfasts??? :rolleyes: )
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#282 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:46 AM

butternut squash soup with half a hot link, and, a bit later, eggwhite casserole made with spinach, ham, sundried tomatoes, and shredded potatoes. (Doesn't everyone have two breakfasts??? :rolleyes: )

You are putting all those egg whites to good use!!! :)

Yes, two breakfasts are better than one!!! :lol:
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#283 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:33 AM

Not the healthiest by any stretch:

2 chocolate chip cookies
1 pear
apple juice

#284 Goof

Goof

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:57 AM

Despite the fact that I'm over 30, I think I'm eating like a teenage boy again. Now that said, I do still count my morning snack (included here) as breakfast. Don't know if that makes it any better!

2 jumbo scrambled eggs
1 Rice cake with organic Peanut Butter
1 Fresh Apple
3 slices of Hormel Natural Turkey
2 handfuls of Planters mixed nuts

#285 Ellie84

Ellie84

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:03 AM

Oat flakes with a mixture of dried fruit and seeds. One medium boiled egg. Low-fat yoghurt with a finely chopped mandarin for some sweetness. A large cup of green tea.
27, F, from the beautiful area of Twente in the Netherlands. English is not my first language, so I apologize for any errors.

Symptoms started in 2007, but no link to celiac disease was found until 2009. I learned of celiac disease through the internet, my doctor never recognized it. She put me on a diet before tests were done, so the initial tests failed. My GI advised me to do a gluten provocation, which had to be stopped too soon to take a reliable biopsy. Based on symptoms such as vitamin deficiencies, GI problems and osteopenia my diagnosis now is: glutenintolerant, suspected celiac disease. This diagnosis was in march 2010, and I've been so much better ever since.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: