531 replies to this topic

#316 GFdad0110

GFdad0110

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

Just bought some gluten free oats. Gonna make that tomorrow and throw in some frozen raspberries and strawberries when its really hot to cool it down.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#317 freeatlast

freeatlast

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

Last piece of pizza with brown rice crust, Greek yoghurt, cinnamon, and half a banana. Hot mug of ginger water :)
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#318 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

Last piece of pizza with brown rice crust, Greek yoghurt, cinnamon, and half a banana. Hot mug of ginger water :)

That really sounds good! Mine was simply gluten-free cereal with lactose-free yogurt and fresh blackberries. I knew I would have about a trillion calories at lunch and dinner so I was a good girl for breakfast at least! :lol:
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#319 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

I had a piece of Udi's toasted, a piece of sausage and AN EGG !!!!! :D

I have not had an egg in almost a year(other the egg in Udi's bread ) I Have been eating Udi's bread on occasion and I have not had any reaction (from the eggs) even though I have recently increased my consumption quite a bit .
So I decided to reintroduce/ test eggs and I had an egg for breakfast. So far so good :D . I have not had any reaction as of yet. Here is hoping I can have eggs again :D
I am a bit emotional about this, I know silly right :unsure: but being able to add eggs back into my diet would be a GIANT step forward. :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#320 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

I have not had an egg in almost a year(other the egg in Udi's bread ) I Have been eating Udi's bread on occasion and I have not had any reaction (from the eggs) even though I have recently increased my consumption quite a bit .
So I decided to reintroduce/ test eggs and I had an egg for breakfast. So far so good :D . I have not had any reaction as of yet. Here is hoping I can have eggs again :D
I am a bit emotional about this, I know silly right :unsure: but being able to add eggs back into my diet would be a GIANT step forward. :D

Not silly! I would feel strongly about that, too. Eggs are so good and very versatile. I have them often and would have a difficult time without 'em.

Man, I hope you can safely have eggs again! That would be AWESOME! :D
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#321 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

I really hope it works for you, being able to have eggs would make life a bit easier.

#322 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:32 AM

I would be excited/emotional to add something back in too! I'll hope this is true for you! I would love to add back some more dairy, like yogurt and milk. I haven't gotten up the nerve to test yet.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#323 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

gluten-free Chocolate Stars cereal (hey - it is for kids but the best gluten-free cereal I have ever had - stays crunchy in milk and is not hollow and light - has substance!)
Blueberry Pomogranate unsweetened fruit cup
Now this sounds very odd but also fresh radishes as a snack. I just love them. Better than snacking on chips or crackers! :P

#324 Cort Caldwell

Cort Caldwell

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

I am mid-way through it:

millet grits boiled in half water and half coconut milk,
a sprinkle of raisins and sunflower seeds,
a quarter cup of flash-frozen blueberries,
a heaping teaspoon of Vance's milk replacement,
a generous pinch of cinnamon and a small sprinkle of nutmeg.
Optionally add a generous teaspoon of honey for non-vegans.
Dairy-free: 2006
Gluten-free: 2007
Soy-free: 2011

#325 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

"I make on most mornings: scrambled eggs (1/2 regular 1/2 white) bacon or canadian bacon, cheese and avacado in a corn tortilla."

That sounds so good, I Love Love Love avocados, if they weren't so expensive I'd probably be eating them three times a day!

"I am a bit emotional about this, I know silly right but being able to add eggs back into my diet would be a GIANT step forward. "

Not silly at all, I'm so happy for you that you can eat eggs! I totally understand, hope it's still going well for you. :)

Today, Dinner for Breakfast. Last night for dinner I tried to make Baked Acorn Squash With Apples, and the squash did not turn out. I was so disappointed, but I'm having the apples in my hot cereal this morning and they turned out good!
Gluten-Free as of September 2011

Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits...it says 'Oooooooo'.
Peter, those are Cheerios.

#326 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

A delicious, scrumptious, delectable mango strawberry smoothie. It was so thick my spoon stood up in it. My new favourite flavour combination. Mmmmmmmmmm.

#327 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

tangelo, 1/2 banana, 'fried' egg w dash of Frank's Hot Sauce.
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#328 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

stuffed french toast! and this is the second time this week i made it and it turned out not mushy and gushy. i used rudi's original (from the freezer into the toaster oven on 300 degrees for 10 min to thaw it and dry it out a little. then dunk it into the egg mixture just for a second (my first few attempts i left the bread soaking too long - like i used to do with glutenous bread - and it disintegrated lolz) i fried them in butter on both sides then just put plain cream cheese and some blackberry jam in between them, egged them again and fried them again. this would be good for a brunch. love playing with my food haha :D

oh, and i had some ham, too :)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#329 Emily30

Emily30

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

chocolate chex cereal

#330 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:00 AM

My youngest was asking for dark chocolate chips in her rice chex for a special breakfast so the girls had that and I put them in my Yoplait cherry orchard yogurt. It was a nice treat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: