535 replies to this topic

#331 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

We had fried potatoes (leftovers from slow cooked corn beef), a fried over easy egg, and chili. It was scrumptious!
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#332 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

I had some of the Kinnikinnik brown bread with lots of butter and strawberry jam, wow, this was a good combo! The strawberry complimented this particular bread nicely.

However, this might be the last of that bread for me a while though, since I think I'm reacting to beans and peas now and I maybe can't have the pea protein in this bread. Still testing to see if I react to it. Well, that's life for us, isn't it! :rolleyes:
Gluten-Free as of September 2011

Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits...it says 'Oooooooo'.
Peter, those are Cheerios.

#333 lucia

lucia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:16 AM

I had prickypear1971's gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free hot chocolate!

http://www.celiac.co...-hot-chocolate/

Not for everyday (too rich) but a great treat. I drank it with two slices of gluten-free toast with almond butter. I'll have fruit later in the morning.

#334 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:25 AM

Sounds yummy Lucia! Toast is still my favorite thing for breakfast, even gluten-free. :)

Nothing too exciting for breakfast today...banana with cinnamon and a sweet potato.

#335 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

Coconut flour banana muffins. I did a half-batch of this recipe, though with less cinnamon and honey and I added some chopped walnuts. Cooked them in muffin tins 25 min.
http://www.freecocon...anana_Bread.htm

#336 silk

silk

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

We had fried potatoes (leftovers from slow cooked corn beef), a fried over easy egg, and chili. It was scrumptious!

Is there a way for me to 'like' this? :D I am no fan of traditional cereal/toast type breakfasts. I eat them because I need to eat something, and nutrition is required but my D'ruthers would be cold pizza or tacos. However,your breakfast today sounds wonderful!

#337 silk

silk

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

gluten-free oatmeal with apples and walnuts and a small glass of 1 percent milk. I just closed my eyes and pretended it was cold pizza! :lol: Didn't work, but then again, I didn't suffer the pangs of guilt either...."No Pang, no dang' when I look at the numbers on the scale this way.

#338 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

Banana and strawberry smoothie and a poached egg. Still visiting family so am playing it simple and safe!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#339 lucia

lucia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:39 AM

-gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free hot chocolate (per prickpear1971's recipe, which was leftover from the other day I made it)
&
-roasted yukon potato halves used to scoop up cardamon vanilla applesauce (all leftovers, of course)

Funny - I never ever would have come up with a breakfast like this before being forced to go gluten-free. Actually, I ate the same thing everyday (green tea, plain yogurt with granola/muesli, fruit on a good day, and peanut butter toast - everyday!). So boring ...

#340 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

"Funny - I never ever would have come up with a breakfast like this before being forced to go gluten-free. Actually, I ate the same thing everyday"

Yes I've been having some pretty "creative" breakfasts too...I used to eat the same thing every day too...toast, every day! I could still eat toast every day, BUT, now it is too expensive to eat every day...also for some reason I don't want to be in a rut any more. I like eating different things for breakfast, and I didn't before. Wierd.

#341 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:03 AM

This morning I made a triple berry slushie...frozen blueberries and strawberries with some cranberry juice. My daughter has a sore throat and wanted something soothing.

#342 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

Peach melba smoothie. It was thick and luscious.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#343 lucia

lucia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

I had banana muffins made with coconut flour using the recipe Skylark posted above:

http://www.freecocon...anana_Bread.htm

They were the easiest gluten-free goods I've made! I'm definitely going to make more pastries with coconut flour. The taste was delicious. Next time I'll use cardamon instead of cinnamon and see how that goes.

#344 Poppi

Poppi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

A fried egg (laid only minutes earlier by one of our backyard chickens) with cheese, sour cream and salsa on a corn tortilla. Yummy in my tummy.

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

#345 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

Blueberry and raspberry smoothie. My homemade French baguette grilled and dipped into peppery olive oil and balsamic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: