535 replies to this topic

#346 BeFree

BeFree

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

Baked lemon pepper salmon, brown rice and Alexia Sweet Potato Tater Tots. Mmmm good stuff. God Bless the Alexia company for making these tots gluten-free with rice flours instead of wheat!
Gluten-Free as of September 2011

Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits...it says 'Oooooooo'.
Peter, those are Cheerios.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#347 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Blueberry mango smoothie with hazelnut agave. Tastes like soft ice cream!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#348 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

I wish like heck I could eat what you guys do for breakfast & be able to go till lunch time before getting weak & shaky. Here's say a typical breakfast for me:

cup of coffee then:
large serving of hash browns with a sausage patty crumbled in plus an egg white a glass of juice & a 1/2 glass of milk.

Within 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. I will be starving & shaky.

I've been reading through these posts to get breakfast ideas but I would wither away if I only ate the tiny amount so many of you do. I'm getting desperate. Do you have any suggestions?

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#349 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

I wish like heck I could eat what you guys do for breakfast & be able to go till lunch time before getting weak & shaky. Here's say a typical breakfast for me:

cup of coffee then:
large serving of hash browns with a sausage patty crumbled in plus an egg white a glass of juice & a 1/2 glass of milk.

I've been reading through these posts to get breakfast ideas but I would wither away if I only ate the tiny amount so many of you do. I'm getting desperate. Do you have any suggestions?

Believe me - I do not eat tiny amounts! Sometimes I have Eggs Benedict and fruit; other times smoothies; other times leftovers from dinner. I could easily eat what you do and more. I also have a mid morning snack of lactose-free yogurt or raw fruit and/or a handful of raw nuts. Without a snack I would be famished. Morning is my hungriest time of the day - perhaps it is the same for you.

Have you considered a dietitian? Mine is superb. Being accountable is important to me.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#350 ciamarie

ciamarie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

cup of coffee then:

I'd suspect that shaky feeling is due to too many carbs (carbohydrates), at least it is for me. Are you doing egg white due to iodine in the yolk? Thankfully I'm back to whole eggs and my DH is fine unless I do something stupid like drink tea that I realized after 2 weeks was glutening me. (Hytop brand)

However, your juice, hashbrowns and probably milk are a pretty high-carb combination, and possibly the sausage patty also has dextrose or corn syrup? (i.e. carbs) -- add either more protein or fat (or both?) and cut back on those things that are going to raise your blood sugar.

Edited by ciamarie, 26 February 2012 - 12:11 PM.

Gluten-free since the end of October 2011

#351 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

We had buckwheat sourcream blueberry pancakes with maple syrup and Jones sausauge links two days in a row.

I used 1/2 a package of a gluten-free pancake mix, added about 3/4 cup of buckwheat flour, an egg, about 2/3 cup of sour cream & 1 3/4 cup milk. (I like my pancakes on the thin side.)

The batter was even better the second day after refrigeration, but I added more milk because the batter got stiffer. The pancakes were delicious!!

Sqirming, I know the feeling you describe. I find high protein snacks helpful. (Like peanut butter on banana or sliced apple, a rice cake with peanut butter or safe nuts.) I wonder why our bodies crave protein after going gluten-free. :unsure:
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#352 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

Chili Sweet Potato Fries
Frozen grapes
Raw cucumber

Oops - this was my lunch! :o

Breakfast:

Glutino toast with peanut butter
Poached egg

Edited by love2travel, 26 February 2012 - 02:34 PM.

#353 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

Yes, ciamarie, no egg yolk for the low iodine for the dh. I got glutened about a month ago from a can of refried beans which was the first time I had tried hardly anything that wasn't whole foods. Before that I had gotten back on the iodine & seemed to be doing well.

Thank you you guys for the tips. So more protein & fat, less carbs. Easier to do when I can add iodine back.

Again, ThanksPosted Image

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#354 researchmomma

researchmomma

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

I made this Cinnabon Clone and it rocked. My Celiac neighbors couldn't believe it was gluten-free. My gluten-free daughter was in heaven.

I had one and wasn't hungry until dinner!

Cinnabon Clone

#355 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

I made this Cinnabon Clone and it rocked. My Celiac neighbors couldn't believe it was gluten-free. My gluten-free daughter was in heaven.

I had one and wasn't hungry until dinner!

Cinnabon Clone

Oooooooooo, that sounds so yummy! I bookmarked the recipe for when I've healed enough to give yeast a try.

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

#356 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

This may sound odd but sometimes I have unconventional breakfasts. I made myself yummy potato salad.

#357 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

Tenderloin and 2 slices of Glutino's Flax Bread with Nutella on them.

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

#358 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

Tenderloin and 2 slices of Glutino's Flax Bread with Nutella on them.

How did you feel mid morning? Did it help goin with a high protein breakfast?
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#359 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:53 AM

How did you feel mid morning? Did it help goin with a high protein breakfast?

It was better Marilyn. I ate at 8 but by 11 I was getting what I call the dropsies. This morning I had a banana followed by a bowl of buckwheat about 7:45. In about 10 minutes I'm going to begin making egg white, hash brown, & ham.
Thanks for asking. I'm still trying to figure this all out. Never paid much attention to carbs before as I never had any weight problems. Am now learning what constitutes fast carbs & slow carbs & the glycemic load business.

I amended the second 1/2 of my breakfast by giving hubs 1/2 my hash browns & having egg white & ham plus a piece of flax toast with nutella. Thought this was a better choice.

Will see how this goes.

Edited by squirmingitch, 29 February 2012 - 06:07 AM.

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

#360 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:08 AM

Berry and Banana Shortcakes with chocolate shavings:)

I made almond flour biscuits and topped them with blueberries, strawberries and banana. Then I put on homemade whipped cream which I didn't add sugar too and then shaved 90% dark chocolate over top. It was delicious and I think if I made a sweeter whipped cream it would make a yummy dessert.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: