535 replies to this topic

#376 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:10 AM

Add some peanut butter to the rice cake. I'm eating one right now. That will give you approx. 8 grams of protein.

Thanks for the idea, but I'm allergic to peanuts and a few other nuts. I've been wanting to try sunbutter, but not sure if I'll react to it. Does anyone who has to be nut free eat sunbutter alright? I've been thinking of trying yogurt. I was dairy free, but now seem to handle hard cheese.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#377 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:15 AM

I'm baking banana nut bread right now. Will have that for breakkie with coffee. Hope it turns out!

Editing to say, ohmygosh, can you say PERFECT!!!!!!!!
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#378 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

An egg salad sandwich and some peaches :)

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#379 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

Carolina, I didn't know you had problems with nuts. How about getting some steak & cook it all up on say Sat. then cut it up into portions & freeze individually wrapped portions. Take one out in the am & nuke it & just eat it. Throw in a rice cake & some yogurt & you ought to be good to go.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#380 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Grilled provolone and smoked ham sandwich. Handful of grapes.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#381 lpellegr

lpellegr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

Breakfast this week will be CHEESECAKE. Yeah, I know, but the rest of my meals will be salad and vegetable lasagna. Besides, cream cheese has protein, right?
Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

#382 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

Breakfast this week will be CHEESECAKE. Yeah, I know, but the rest of my meals will be salad and vegetable lasagna. Besides, cream cheese has protein, right?

Yes it does.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I copied yesterdays breakfast again today. It worked great for 2 days now.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#383 ciamarie

ciamarie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

Buckwheat, sorghum & blueberry pancakes, with a 1/3 or so piece of a boneless pork rib.
Gluten-free since the end of October 2011

#384 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

Banana bread infused with lemon simple syrup.
Strawberries.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#385 aeraen

aeraen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

I had my usual Cinnabun on a Spoon, made with my brown rice cereal. I eat this 5 out of 7 mornings a week, and never tire of it (really, who gets tired of Cinnabuns??). I just posted a long post in the recipe forum, with instructions to make your own hot, brown rice cereal, followed with how to make Cinnabun on a Spoon with it.

http://www.celiac.co...-make-your-own/

#386 Cat Woman

Cat Woman

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

Corn chex with honey and milk.

#387 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

Need to go shopping, scrounging from leftovers this morning LOL.

Sandwich made with last 2 pieces of Rudi's multigrain bread, Spam, avocado dip and melted cheese.
Gluten-Free as of September 2011

Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits...it says 'Oooooooo'.
Peter, those are Cheerios.

#388 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

This morning my husband and I made almond flour waffles and turkey bacon this morning.

#389 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:19 AM

I'm back out in the country house/dogsitting so this morning was simple. Rather than use the toaster here I sort of grilled my bread in my own pan and simply had it with some lovely apple jelly. And something unusual for me - a tiny bit of dark chocolate. Generally chocolate does not appeal to me but this morning it did. My morning snack will be an unsweetened fruit cup and fresh strawberries.

#390 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

microwaved potato with home made butter and yogurt.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: