535 replies to this topic

#391 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

Apple pancake -- grated apple, eggs, cinnamon pan fried into a big pancake topped with homemade blueberry syrup...tasted great, but I bloated a bit...haven't used cinnamon in a very long time -- will try again before I rule out cinnamon ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#392 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

A scoop of pumpkin mixed in with home made yogurt, and the scrapings from the bottom of the brownie pan.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#393 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Pomegranate, cherry and raspberry smoothie.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#394 lucia

lucia

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

I toasted two slices of Udi's bread, topped them with fried eggs, and ate with a side of (leftover) Indian-style, stir-fried cabbage. Also, had a cup of herbal tea.

#395 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

A bowl of hot Quinoa with honey and a tad of milk.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#396 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

This morning was cheese grits.

#397 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

This morning was cheese grits.

Mmmmm....I LOVE cheese grits! :)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#398 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

My second-last morning housesitting so I am using things up that I brought along. This morning I had a raspberry mango smoothie.

#399 ciamarie

ciamarie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

I decided to test coconut flour, and made some pancakes using the recipe from: http://www.tiana-coc...our_recipes.htm and they were nice and fluffy, and pretty yummy! I only got 5 pancakes out of it, rather than the 8 they noted on the recipe, I was hoping for a couple left over, but alas I scarfed them all down. :D

If the test goes o.k. (so far so good, a couple of hours later...), I think the flour will be a nice addition to my bread recipe when I use sorghum flour, which tends to be really dry.
Gluten-free since the end of October 2011

#400 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

I decided to test coconut flour, and made some pancakes using the recipe from: http://www.tiana-coc...our_recipes.htm and they were nice and fluffy, and pretty yummy! I only got 5 pancakes out of it, rather than the 8 they noted on the recipe, I was hoping for a couple left over, but alas I scarfed them all down. :D

If the test goes o.k. (so far so good, a couple of hours later...), I think the flour will be a nice addition to my bread recipe when I use sorghum flour, which tends to be really dry.

Yum! I, too, am smitten with coconut flour and use it for pancakes, cakes, brownies, cookies and bread.

#401 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

Lunch for breakfast - tuna melt with lots of capers and lemon juice. Handful of frozen grapes. Delicious!

#402 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Cinnamon rice pudding and sliced banana.

I'm going to put that in my regular breakfast repertoire.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#403 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

Cinnamon almond pancakes with home made apple-molasses syrup and home made butter.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#404 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

Cinnamon almond pancakes with home made apple-molasses syrup and home made butter.

Now that is the perfect breakfast in my opinion.

#405 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

Jestgar, you just got the ultimate lick of approval. :D
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: