535 replies to this topic

#436 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

Yay! Someone is trying it! I never get tired of it because there are so many different ways to serve it up.

Your breakfast sounds fab; when my stomach is more settled again, I'll try that.

I did try Congee, it was good. I had it savory one morning and sweet the next.

It came out too thick though. I used one cup of brown rice and six cups water in the little crock pot. I had DP dump the remainder of the Congee in the compost bin today and he asked me if that stuff was Gorilla Glue or what?!? (He's a whiner.)

I think 8 cups of water to 1 cup brown rice in a crock pot would work. I might try congee with black rice, that would probably be really good with a poached egg and hot sauce. :D
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#437 eeyorelvr

eeyorelvr

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

Home made bagels with cream cheese.

#438 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

Big ol' plate of scrambled egg fry up. Potatoes, onion, chili peppers, zucchini, tomato, eggs, cheese, topped with avocado and yogurt.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#439 Mateto

Mateto

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Today was a gluten-free Honeybar, and an apple. Filling. Quick and easy.
Gluten-free since St George's Day this year :)

#440 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

Pumpkin fudge.

wait....that was dinner too...

maybe that's why I have this sugar hangover headache. :ph34r:
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#441 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

Strawberry and Mango Smoothie (it's my favourite way to get calcium naturally)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#442 Mateto

Mateto

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

Honey'd Chex and an apple.

*sigh* Chex. It's becoming sickly.

#443 Pac

Pac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

one quesadilla made with fresh tortillas from fresh masa, no MaSeCa.
one "pear banana" (never saw one before so I just had to buy it) with plain full-fat yogurt.
Small shot of tequilla cause I'm still stomach sick from some bug I must have picked up while travelling (seems like Quintana Roo's bugs like my blood type :angry: )

#444 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Small shot of tequilla cause I'm still stomach sick from some bug I must have picked up while travelling

:huh: :blink: :blink:
tequila helps?
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#445 Mateto

Mateto

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

Honey'd Cex: THE BOX I FINALLY FINISHED!!!
Gluten-free Honeybar.Sliver of left-over Shepherd's Pie, and a homemade peanut-butter biscuit! A healthy one, full'a protein and good fats to keep me full!

#446 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

:huh: :blink: :blink:
tequila helps?

I use scotch on an empty stomach. Shocks the stomach into behavin; :ph34r: :rolleyes:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#447 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

Home made bagels with cream cheese.

How horrible were they to make? How good did they turn out? Please provide details!!!! :D Would you make them again? I've checked out the recipes and always chickend out, so I'm curious.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#448 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

How horrible were they to make? How good did they turn out? Please provide details!!!! :D Would you make them again? I've checked out the recipes and always chickend out, so I'm curious.

What recipe did you use? I want to know details, too. My recipe turns out delicious bagels.

Marilyn, they are worth making!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#449 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Homemade dinner rolls grilled with ham, Provolone, blueberry ketchup I made yesterday and spicy mustard we brought back from Croatia.

#450 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:27 AM

Nature's Path Buckwheat waffles and turkey bacon :) Just popped waffles in the toaster.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: