531 replies to this topic

#496 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

Chicken, sweet potato, friend egg, tomato, redbush.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#497 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

With all of the other restrictions, both self-imposed and physically necessary,
that I have to deal with, I must confess that I wake up every day and tell myself
'At least I still have dairy. At least I still have dairy.' So I had whole plain organic
yogurt with spiced fried apples for breakfast! Mmmmm.....
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#498 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

I tell myself the same thing. I cling to my milk like it is the only thing between me and a complete and total mental breakdown and a fitting with a self-hugging coat.

My usual breakfast these days consists of a simple glass of fresh raw milk to be perfectly honest. I sometimes supplement this with fruit, sometimes not. I am not usually a food in the morning kinda person, it takes my tummy a few hours to wake up.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#499 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

Strawberry, black cherry, mango and fresh mint smoothie.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#500 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

Fresh cup of coffee $0.99.
Bottle of sunscreen $3.99.
Morning walk on a deserted beach - Priceless

:D HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY :D 

*Bi-Polar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism 1993. *Malabsorbtion 2001. *Celiac 2012 

*Metastatic Melanoma July 2012

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#501 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

Rice Chex with almonds. I always use unsweetened apple juice instead of milk :)

Coffee.

No protein this morning. Will make up for it at lunch.

Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#502 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

Breakfast scramble ( egg.sausage,bok choy, mushrooms,rutabaga ,snap peas,red onions and carrots) and an orange

** wish I knew how to post pictures cause it was sooooo pretty :P

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#503 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

I cooked up the whole pack of bacon when I made salads the other night (I just do it in the oven) so I Have a bunch just laying around for breakfast. So I had bacon and eggs and guilt free toast. Usually I stand around staring at the freezer debating the toast thing for 5 or 10 minutes before deciding that the entire financial fate of my family rests on me not eating two slices of $6 a loaf bread for breakfast. (So I'm a little crazy... so what?) This morning, at $4 a loaf, I just grabbed it and made toast. BOOM! Just like that.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#504 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

Went and volunteered for the basket thing. Came home with pineapples today! One was ripe, one not so much. I'm having a huge bowl of pineapple, banana and mango to finish of my morning of prepping a week's worth of produce. Then it is off to bed til dinner.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#505 pretty in paleo

pretty in paleo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

I had a huge piece of gluten-free carrot cake leftover from Easter and sweet potato hashbrowns with crumbled sausage. yumminess!

#506 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:16 AM

Asparagus and ham frittata.  I just adore egg dishes.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#507 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Dr Stuarts Detox tea (trying really hard to cut out caffeine but I love my first cuppa coffee :(

I tried a glass of goats milk as I'd heard it was easier to digest than cows milk but I really don't like the taste :(

2 rice cakes, one with raspberry jam and the other with lemon curd then both topped with sliced banana

#508 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

egg and banana pancakes  OH MY they were delish !!!

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#509 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

Thick slice of homemade bread with a thick layer of homemade raspberry jam. Again!

#510 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Thick slice of homemade bread with a thick layer of homemade raspberry jam. Again!

dahhhh!!   love2!!

i'm making french toast with (wait for it......)  raspberry jam - it's smucker's, but it's still raspberry.  and i'm putting maple syrup on the whole mess.  and ham  :)  by now, it is well into the afternoon, so it's brunch  <_<  :P

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

i'm down here in the well, looking back up at the hill

well, thank heavens i fell, i must look more like myself.

everyone is so kind, everyone looks like

a long lost friend of mine....  - 'up from under'  - the wallflowers

have a nice day :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: