#511 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

dahhhh!!   love2!!

i'm making french toast with (wait for it......)  raspberry jam - it's smucker's, but it's still raspberry.  and i'm putting maple syrup on the whole mess.  and ham  :)  by now, it is well into the afternoon, so it's brunch  <_<  :P

Ha ha! I chuckled to myself as I typed this, wondering whether you would see it! I guess you did.

That sounds very good to my mind and tummy. :-) Funny but I am making French Toast tomorrow. Great minds think alike!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#512 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Ha ha! I chuckled to myself as I typed this, wondering whether you would see it! I guess you did.

That sounds very good to my mind and tummy. :-) Funny but I am making French Toast tomorrow. Great minds think alike!

lolz!  today was the first day i have 'made' breakfast in a while - i have been 'cheating' and eating glutino toaster pastries (like pop-tarts) they are surprisingly good :)  if you're a pop tart kid!   ^_^

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#513 Herreralovv

Herreralovv

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:42 AM

Made corn grits with scrambled eggs. Corn grits taste the same as regular grits, i like to add a lil milk to give a creamier taste.

#514 CeliacInSenegal

CeliacInSenegal

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:25 AM

Leftover deviled eggs, leftover soy-balsamic marinated chicken w/onions, and slices of cucumber and green pepper. Not the most exciting, but easy and still good.

Diagnosed Celiac Jan-Feb 2013

Gluten Free since Feb. 2013

#515 ItchyAbby

ItchyAbby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

Oh yay! More threads where I can see what other people eat and glean ideas! :D

Today I had:

Shredded parnsnip "hashbrowns" (cooked in home rendered lard and sprinkled with coarse flake salt)

Pork sausage patty (ground pork, allspice, granulated garlic, fennel seeds, s&p)

Some mizuna, frizzled in the pan after the sausage comes out.

A peach (almost the last of them)

Tulsi Sweet Rose tea with homemade cashew milk and honey

So, I am still low-iodine until the DH clears. I make nearly everything from scratch as that allows me to control every ingredient. The new restrictive diet was so hard at first, especially for breakfast, as I wake up famished and need to have a good and filling breakfast to be able to face my day. But I figured out a good rhythm of prepping things in the weekends (make sausage patties and cashew milk, shred a bunch parsnips, pick and wash greens etc) and have been eating some variation of this breakfast nearly every day. It now feels normal! I am just about needing to mix it up a bit but have not figured out what should come next...still can't seem to do egg yolks, which is a bummer because I would love some buttery scramby eggs to eat with my homemade tomato jam. I can eat egg whites, but, ugh, egg whites by themselves are just so sad.

Self Diagnosed with DH in June 2013

MD and ND confirmed shortly thereafter

Gluten free June 1, 2013

Low Iodine July 15, 2013 - (waiting for the rash to clear...)

Other symptoms: IBS-D gone, skin on face much clearer, anxiety gone, periods regulating and less painful, and oh! this one is new: I have not had a UTI since going gluten-free (used to get them several times a year)

Currently training to become a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. I want to heal as many guts as I can!

Love Heals.

#516 ItchyAbby

ItchyAbby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

Oh and GRITS! I would love me some real hominy grits. Has anyone found a good source of gluten-free hominy grits?

Self Diagnosed with DH in June 2013

MD and ND confirmed shortly thereafter

Gluten free June 1, 2013

Low Iodine July 15, 2013 - (waiting for the rash to clear...)

Other symptoms: IBS-D gone, skin on face much clearer, anxiety gone, periods regulating and less painful, and oh! this one is new: I have not had a UTI since going gluten-free (used to get them several times a year)

Currently training to become a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. I want to heal as many guts as I can!

Love Heals.

#517 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

In Croatia at the moment and am eating rather well. This morning:

Fresh Balkan cheese, sort of like silky soft feta
Gluten free rosemary crackers
Croatian olive oil - peppery and grassy and sublime!
Croatian capers

They all go together rather nicely. Only thing missing is fresh pine nuts that we do not have in our house at the moment.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#518 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

Made corn grits with scrambled eggs. Corn grits taste the same as regular grits, i like to add a lil milk to give a creamier taste.

But regular grits are corn... no?  :huh:

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

#519 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:24 AM

It has been awhile since any one posted to this thread but maybe we can revive it ;)

This mornings breakfast was;

fried rutabagas with peppers & onions, eggs and an orange

and of course COFFEE !! :lol:

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#520 hunter.joseph

hunter.joseph

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

I know the topic of breakfast comes up a lot. I'm NOT asking for suggestions. I want this to be a thread like the "what's for dinner tonight" thread where we share what we ACTUALLY eat for breakfast every morning. Along the way we will probably get new suggestions, recipes and ideas by seeing what everyone eats.

Today I had half of a left over baked sweet potato. What did you have?

I had a Smoothie with 1 Banana, 5 Strawberries, 5 Broccoli Florets, and 3 Handfulls of Spinach.  I also had an egg.

#521 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

breakfast #1 - honey nut chex w/banana, hot tea 

and one hour later because i'm always starving in the morning:

breakfast #2 - pecan sweet roll :) 

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

#522 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

On tuesdays I have to eat a large meal to take my methotrexate (for lupus) with, timing falls at breakfast.  Ate a banana, an Amys gluten-free Burrito, and some nuts.  I eat a banana every day, Im a monkey at heart!

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

#523 moosemalibu

moosemalibu

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

Brown rice grits with 1/2 cup liquid egg whites stirred in with 2 tbsp peanut butter.

Jamie

"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." Ronald Reagan

• Diagnosed Celiac via blood test 8-22-13
  • Dairy & gluten free in 8-22-13 then did gluten challenge in October
  • Endoscopy/Biopsy Oct-26-13 positive for Celiac
  • HLA-DQ2 positive
  • Vitamin D insufficiency 12-6-13 (had it prior no doubt, just wasn't checked until December)
  • Dairy Added back in successfully 3-1-14
  • Normal Antibody Levels 3-19-14! 
  • Egg, sugar alcohols Intolerant 5-2014

Supplements: Fish Oil, Digestive enzymes, probiotics, biotin, multivitamin, joint supplement, psyllium husk

#524 Fritz_in_pa

Fritz_in_pa

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

Oh yay! More threads where I can see what other people eat and glean ideas! :D

Today I had:

Shredded parnsnip "hashbrowns" (cooked in home rendered lard and sprinkled with coarse flake salt)....

@ Abby, if you have posted a recipe for the parsnip hash browns could you give me a link to it???

I have been trying to do something similar with a vegetable mixture.. it is OK,, but  I am missing something in my recipe. I have been trying to come up with a vegetable hash brown  to use in place of the english muffin in eggs benedict 

Ok,,, not sure what to call this.. it is breakfast food, but I had it for lunch last week... I decided to do it on a bed of fresh sauteed spinach. chopped up a couple of cooked shrimp then two poached eggs and topped with hollandaise..  It was very good, sort of a  Florentine Benedict combo

20140307_144655.jpg

You all dont seem to eager to do photos, if you would prefer I didnt just let me know...

Scott

Please ignore my spelling... I can't type

" Gluten, Soy & Corn free since December 2013 "

#525 moosemalibu

moosemalibu

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

I made protein pancakes today: 2 tbsp coconut flour, 50 grams protein powder, 1/8 tsp baking powder, 1/4 cup egg whites, 1/4 cup almond milk, 1tsp vanilla extract, 1 small banana mashed. Makes about 3 pancakes. Served it with 1 tbsp PB and maple syrup.

Jamie

"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." Ronald Reagan

• Diagnosed Celiac via blood test 8-22-13
  • Dairy & gluten free in 8-22-13 then did gluten challenge in October
  • Endoscopy/Biopsy Oct-26-13 positive for Celiac
  • HLA-DQ2 positive
  • Vitamin D insufficiency 12-6-13 (had it prior no doubt, just wasn't checked until December)
  • Dairy Added back in successfully 3-1-14
  • Normal Antibody Levels 3-19-14! 
  • Egg, sugar alcohols Intolerant 5-2014

Supplements: Fish Oil, Digestive enzymes, probiotics, biotin, multivitamin, joint supplement, psyllium husk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: