535 replies to this topic

#46 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

I had some leftover plain white rice and a little cottage cheese.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:22 AM

Woke up early with heartburn. Where did THAT come from? All I had last night was salad and a turkey sandwich on Rudi's. So my breakfast is a handful of Pamela's ginger snaps and some pepto bismol.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#48 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:27 AM

this morning is a cup of black tea,sausage pattys and maybe a enjoy life bar.

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#49 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:30 AM

Bacon. About a half a pound (cooked weight).

:D
I have done this on occasion,quite enjoyable I must say

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoarthritis

#50 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:32 AM

leftover spaghetti :)
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#51 maximoo

maximoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

made bacon, hash browns, & Vans gluten-free waffles. The waffles are really dry. We sprinkled cinnamon/sugar as DD wanted cinnamon waffles. Anybody know how to make cinnamon waffles that aren't dry as a bone? or a brand that isn't dry like vans?

DD rarely eats breakfast in the morning going to school. Now that its summer I'll be experimenting with different things. Tomorrow gonna make grits the old fashioned way. We like the instant ones but they aren't gluten-free.

#52 Judy3

Judy3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

Went to a local Gluten Free restaurant for breakfast today. I had waffles, bacon, and berry coulis.. it was good tasting but when the waitress told me it was all made from a mix I was ticked off. For the price they charged and then to tell me that it's Pamela's mix... grrr I could have made that at home which I will do from now on... grrrrrr No one deserves to be called chef if they can't make a simple pancake/waffle batter on their own without the help of a mix!!

Also, I didn't know that Pamela's pancake mix has almond meal in it.. so Benadryl was my friend this morning... I asked if they had flax in anything (another allergy) but never thought to ask about the other nuts... sigh

So that on top it all just made me KNOW that I'll never go back there, gluten free kitchen or not!

Rant completed :angry:
*Judy

Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. Hmmm
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010

#53 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

Went to a local Gluten Free restaurant for breakfast today. I had waffles, bacon, and berry coulis.. it was good tasting but when the waitress told me it was all made from a mix I was ticked off. For the price they charged and then to tell me that it's Pamela's mix... grrr I could have made that at home which I will do from now on... grrrrrr No one deserves to be called chef if they can't make a simple pancake/waffle batter on their own without the help of a mix!!

Also, I didn't know that Pamela's pancake mix has almond meal in it.. so Benadryl was my friend this morning... I asked if they had flax in anything (another allergy) but never thought to ask about the other nuts... sigh

So that on top it all just made me KNOW that I'll never go back there, gluten free kitchen or not!

Rant completed :angry:

The first few words are exciting but how disappointing to hear the rest of the story! I would be really annoyed, too. How hard is it to make gluten-free waffes?? How frustrating for you.

We have no gluten-free restaurants anywhere even remotely close here (must drive 3 hours). But if they are like that one....what can I say? How sad.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#54 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

Today I made pancakes using gluten-free Bisquick and also had sausage patties. Actually it was kinda late to be called breakfast but it worked. :)
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#55 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

We had chicken sausage, toasted Udi's and scrambled eggs. I made a little breakfast sandwich with my egg, sausage and toast.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#56 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

made bacon, hash browns, & Vans gluten-free waffles. The waffles are really dry. We sprinkled cinnamon/sugar as DD wanted cinnamon waffles. Anybody know how to make cinnamon waffles that aren't dry as a bone? or a brand that isn't dry like vans?

DD rarely eats breakfast in the morning going to school. Now that its summer I'll be experimenting with different things. Tomorrow gonna make grits the old fashioned way. We like the instant ones but they aren't gluten-free.

I don't like Van's either. It's like eating cardboard unless you soak it in syrup, and then it's like eating syrup-soaked cardboard. :lol: I have not replaced my wafflemaker yet (it's all gluteny and impossible to clean to make it safe) but I have seen many recipes for homemade waffles. Pancakes are really easy to do and there are tons of recipes/mixes out there. Do a search for gluten-free pancakes or waffles and ton of recipes pop up.

#57 pastalover

pastalover

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

Berry Kix cereal and coffee!

#58 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

First breakfast: four peanut butter cookies.
Second breakfast: Chicken salad over shredded cabbage.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#59 sb2178

sb2178

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

Tuna, shower, chocolate muffin, and apple.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable
3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG
4/2010 Negative biopsy
5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)
5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

#60 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

today Rice chexs and milk,,,
Yes ,I have successfully add dairy back in to my diet :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

Osteoarthritis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: