535 replies to this topic

#61 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:16 AM

This morning I had a piece of leftover tuna steak and two Pamela's ginger snaps, but not at the same time. :P
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#62 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:35 AM

My husband told me he is spoiling me all day today - I am under strict orders not to lift a finger! So, he cooked:

- Canadian back bacon from a local farmer
- scrambled eggs
- roasted potatoes with chives
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#63 navigator

navigator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

Scrambled egg with steamed salmon

#64 Judy3

Judy3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:09 PM

The first few words are exciting but how disappointing to hear the rest of the story! I would be really annoyed, too. How hard is it to make gluten-free waffes?? How frustrating for you.

We have no gluten-free restaurants anywhere even remotely close here (must drive 3 hours). But if they are like that one....what can I say? How sad.

This is a new restaurant in my city and I thought it would be ok. I think if they knew the waitress was telling people this stuff they'd can her. Also, at 9:30am there were no other customers in the restaurant... hmmmm should have been a sign. They have a natural foods store attached and I think the restaurant (which in my opinion will be closed within the year) is to draw business to the store to buy their over priced items. I can buy the same things at the grocery store for $2 less (per item). But lesson learned
*Judy

Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. Hmmm
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010

#65 Judy3

Judy3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

My husband told me he is spoiling me all day today - I am under strict orders not to lift a finger! So, he cooked:

- Canadian back bacon from a local farmer
- scrambled eggs
- roasted potatoes with chives

Lucky you.... does he have a brother !!! :lol: :D
*Judy

Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. Hmmm
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010

#66 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

Lucky you.... does he have a brother !!! :lol: :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

People often ask me that and unfortunately the answer is NO brother. He's cooking dinner tonight, too, and I have no clue what it will be (except I know it will involve the grill).
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#67 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

I had 2 Pamelas Lemon Shortbread Cookies and a banana. :)

#68 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:09 PM

Instead of breakfast this morning I was in my dentist's chair - I broke a tooth over the weekend and needed to get that taken care of this morning. Long appointment but glad it's over! :P

#69 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

Bought some Udi's cinnamon rolls today! Cant wait to have one tomorrow with a big steaming cup of decaf coffee! Anyone tried these yet?

#70 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Instead of breakfast this morning I was in my dentist's chair - I broke a tooth over the weekend and needed to get that taken care of this morning. Long appointment but glad it's over! :P

Ugh. Hopefully you will be having something yummy tomorrow then!

#71 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

Ugh. Hopefully you will be having something yummy tomorrow then!

I'm hoping to tonight but it's doubtful as my face is still frozen. :huh: But we do have yummy meal plans for tomorrow! There's always hope. :lol:

#72 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

Bought some Udi's cinnamon rolls today! Cant wait to have one tomorrow with a big steaming cup of decaf coffee! Anyone tried these yet?

I haven't tried them but have seen them so am curious as to what they are like. Let us know! I've had the Kinnikinnick doughnuts that some people really enjoy but I must say I found them underwhelming. Perhaps the recency effect is still in place with me - I had my last good real yeast doughnut in February and still remember how delicious it was.

#73 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

today was cottage cheese and rice crackers ,, May I ( again :P ) say how VERY happy I am that dairy has reentered my life :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#74 glamorous

glamorous

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

It's strawberry season! So lots of fresh strawberries with yoghurt and some (gluten free of course!) corn flakes. Delicious!!!

#75 navigator

navigator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:34 AM

Porridge made with Pure oats, water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Served with lactofree milk. I love porridge!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: