This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's For Breakfast Today?

GlutenFreeManna

navigator Apprentice

A smoothie made with tropicanna pressed apple juice, flax , pumpkin, sunflower ans sesame seeds, protein powder, strawberries, rasperries and blueberries.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jestgar Rising Star

Bowl of mixed veggies with a chunk of turkey breast.

cahill Collaborator

You got me craving grilled cheese! I can't have any dairy, so here's what I did instead: Took two slices of Rudi's bread and spread them with roasted red pepper hummus and the outsides with coconut oil. Drizzled a little olive oil in the pan and fried it up just like a grilled cheese. The bread stuck to the pan a little but was nicely fried and crispy just like a grilled cheese made with butter. The hummus is the closest I have found texture wise to melted cheese (I can't stand the fake cheese subs). The only thing I will change next time is I may add a slice of smoked turkey or something so it is more like a panini. But yum!

Sounds wonderful :) ,, makes me wish legumes agreed with me

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Sounds wonderful :) ,, makes me wish legumes agreed with me

I still can't do black beans but hummus, cooked chick peas and lentils never bothered me. I'm also back to being able to have pinto beans as refried beans in small amounts but I can't overdo it. I would gladly give up the few beans I can eat to go back to eating cheese. I guess we always want what we can't have. I just tell myself it could be worse and I could have neither option. Got to make the best of it.

Marilyn R Community Regular

I just waited to eat until lunch. Bad me. :ph34r:

Maggie Mermaid Apprentice

For DH: baked sweet potato covered with garbonzo beans, brown rice, and diced turkey bacon with a side of romaine lettuce leaves. I had a hardboiled egg, rice bread, romaine lettuce leaf, & turkey bacon.

come dance with me Enthusiast

Rice porrige with sugar.

Watermelon and honeydew melon.

Apple and cinnamon pancakes.

My child likes a big breakfast before a long day at school lol.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Hawthorn Rookie

I'm going to be boring and have a couple of scrambled eggs with a piece or two of cardboard....oops I mean gluten free bread, toasted. I'll probably follow that with some fruit :)

Jestgar Rising Star

Bowl of mixed veggies with a chunk of fish.

cahill Collaborator

Today breakfast was : turkey breast,cheese,lettuce,onion wrapped in a corn tortilla :)

love2travel Mentor

Lacklustre! A thick chunk of homemade banana bread with flax and pecans and a piece of provolone cheese.

freeatlast Collaborator

A piece of coffeecake, peanuts, coffee, ice-water. Will eat a piece of cheese later in the morning for my protein.

Coffeecake was very dry, but still good. Hum, maybe add 1/2 cup of pumpkin next time for moisture.

sa1937 Community Regular

Two pieces of banana bread that I made yesterday and coffee. Am sure I'll have a more substantial breakfast later as this will never hold me until lunch.

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

A burger on a Udi's bun. :ph34r: Bad I know, but I did eat it around 10 AM and didn't have any lunch so I consider it more like brunch. Now I'm making some sweet potato fries for a 3 PM linner or should I call it dunch? :lol:

sb2178 Enthusiast

larabar

soy chai

stayed up late last night... and ate a bedtime snack, so didn't need much this morning.

freeatlast Collaborator

Coffeecake, the BEST I have ever had, coffee. YUM!

Simona19 Collaborator

I've never had my grits sweet. One of these days I will have to try it. Ever since I had to give up dairy, grits are just not the same without lots of butter and cheese. I usually just put salt and pepper on them now.

Hi!

I never ate my grits salty. My grandmother was cooking it for us all the time. Her versions were: Spread grits on plate and sprinkle with:

- cinnamon, sugar and "melted" butter (butter must be golden brown, not just melted)

- "melted" butter, and Nesquick, or something like Ovaltine, or cocoa powder and sugar

It was delicious. I miss it. I tried to make it with Earth Balance, but It wasn't the same as with butter.

My grandma made us Farina and polenta the same way. Yummy..

And today I had two slices of Udi's bread with tuna fish pate (scallions, tuna fish, mustard, Earth balance butter) and l cup tea.

sa1937 Community Regular

Two hard-boiled eggs, 2 pieces of zucchini bread (made with Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix) and coffee.

alex11602 Collaborator

This morning I had roast beef on original Rudi's bread, it was on sale so we finally decided to try it and my girls had the cinnamon raisin Rudi's for the same reason.

Not sure if our tastes have changed alot or what, but the bread wasn't too bad and didn't feel like eating cardboard. It was also testing eggs for my youngest so I really hope it works out since she used to be able to eat them in things.

cahill Collaborator

This morning I had roast beef on original Rudi's bread, it was on sale so we finally decided to try it and my girls had the cinnamon raisin Rudi's for the same reason.

Not sure if our tastes have changed alot or what, but the bread wasn't too bad and didn't feel like eating cardboard. It was also testing eggs for my youngest so I really hope it works out since she used to be able to eat them in things.

I have been testing Udi's breads ( are they the same as Rudi's??) and seem to be able to tolerate the eggs when in baked items.

I do get some heartburn but I think that is the potato starch/flour not the eggs.

cahill Collaborator

This morning a cup of black tea and a piece of Udi's cinnamon bread

alex11602 Collaborator

I have been testing Udi's breads ( are they the same as Rudi's??) and seem to be able to tolerate the eggs when in baked items.

I do get some heartburn but I think that is the potato starch/flour not the eggs.

It's a different brand. These are the ingredients for the original Rudi's:

Water, potato extract, rice starch, rice flour, sorghum flour, organic high oleic sunflower/safflower oil, organic evaporated cane juice, organic honey, egg whites, organic inulin, yeast, sea salt, organic molasses, xanthan gum.

We haven't tried the Udi's because I haven't seen it in the stores here, but looking online at the ingredients it looks like the ingredients are similar.

love2travel Mentor

Bacon, mushroom and Guyere omelette with chive roasted potatoes and fruit salad.

freeatlast Collaborator

Bacon, mushroom and Guyere omelette with chive roasted potatoes and fruit salad.

Chives from your garden? Sounds good.

love2travel Mentor

Chives from your garden? Sounds good.

Our chives (and everything else) are growing rampant! Our raised beds are against our white house surrounded by gravel. With the rain we have had things are monstrous. Am trying to keep up with all our herbs!

Archived