531 replies to this topic

#91 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

I WAS going to have a fruit smoothie. After adding everything to the blender, I turned on the blender and it didn't work. Kaput. So, I have a dead blender on my hands but thankfully my new gluten-free Chex cereal came through for me! :lol:
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#92 domesticactivist

domesticactivist

Kitchen Liberator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

The kids scrambled eggs with beet greens. I had leftover chicken & veggie soup.
Our family is transitioning off the GAPS Intro Diet and into the Full GAPS Diet.
Gluten-Free since November 2010
GAPS Diet since January/February 2011
me - not tested for celiac - currently doing a gluten challenge since 11/26/2011
partner - not tested for celiac
ds - age 11, hospitalized 9/2010, celiac dx by gluten reaction & genetics. No biopsy or blood as we were already gluten-free by the time it was an option.
dd - age 12.5, not celiac, has Tourette's syndome
both kids have now-resolved attention issues.

#93 sb2178

sb2178

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

multimineral supplement
magnesium supplement
strawberries
blueberries
this odd mixture called chia goodness, that is sort of like trail mix made with with seeds and a little fruit, that i picked up at a marshall's of all places, because it doesn't require heat to "cook"

I'm kind subbing it for muesli, which was my old summer breakfast when there was masses of good fruit around.

At work, black tea.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable
3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG
4/2010 Negative biopsy
5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)
5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

#94 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:08 AM

Corned beef and potato hash with a scrambled egg poured over it.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#95 domesticactivist

domesticactivist

Kitchen Liberator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

Left over roast beef with beet greens from the garden. So good!
Our family is transitioning off the GAPS Intro Diet and into the Full GAPS Diet.
Gluten-Free since November 2010
GAPS Diet since January/February 2011
me - not tested for celiac - currently doing a gluten challenge since 11/26/2011
partner - not tested for celiac
ds - age 11, hospitalized 9/2010, celiac dx by gluten reaction & genetics. No biopsy or blood as we were already gluten-free by the time it was an option.
dd - age 12.5, not celiac, has Tourette's syndome
both kids have now-resolved attention issues.

#96 txplowgirl

txplowgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

Grilled shrimp with spinach cooked in a 3 egg omlette with shredded American cheese. I am proud to say that was my first time making it and it was delicious.

Lupus, Connective Tissue Disease with Fibro type symptoms, Anemia, Anxiety, Depression, RA, Rynauds Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Erosive Gastritis, Osteoporosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Scoliosis, Bulging discs in lower back and neck, Pinched Nerves.

Soy free, MSG free, mostly Dairy free. Endoscopy shows blunted Villi which dr states as gluten sensitivity, so goin back to being gluten free

#97 color_me_confused

color_me_confused

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:49 PM

Grilled shrimp with spinach cooked in a 3 egg omlette with shredded American cheese. I am proud to say that was my first time making it and it was delicious.

I have a carbon steel omelette pan, cost ~$15. A little cooking spray and omelette fly off with no egg left behind. In the AM I'm whipping up a 3 egg omelette with artichoke hearts and sharp cheddar, followed by an apple and a Greek yogurt when I get to work. Yum!

#98 JoyVertz

JoyVertz

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:29 AM

I'm going to make some hard boiled eggs... I'm really new and still learning..
Diagnosed Celiac June 20, 2011.
I'm a newbie and just learning.

#99 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:23 AM

I had a piece of banana bread that I made with Betty Crocker gluten free yellow cake mix and a cup of coffee and a glass of Lactaid whole milk.

#100 hbartlett14

hbartlett14

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:54 AM

I just finished eating almond butter toast and grazed on some cranberries. Oh yeah and my coffee, on my second cup of that! YUM!

#101 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:57 AM

Celery and carrots dipped in hummus.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#102 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

Huge pile of veggies and scrambled eggs
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#103 sb2178

sb2178

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:41 PM

chia and pumpkin seeds with dried fruit. and yeah, i got groceries today.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable
3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG
4/2010 Negative biopsy
5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)
5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

#104 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:58 PM

Right now I am experimenting with eating just breakfast, no other meals. So of course it is a big breakfast, almost half an elephant! Well, not really, but a good big breakfast.

So far I had:

Fried onion and mushrooms with green beans with crumbled pre-fried hamburger one day,

Next day fried onion, mushrooms, broccoli and hamburger crumbles,

Today fried onion, mushroom lima beans and hamburger crumbles. Some canned pineapple to aid digestion.
You know if you put crushed canned pineapple in the refrig it is pretty darn tasty cold! Just don't leave it in the can as it will eat the metal real fast.

I have in the past made breakfast by frying frozen green beans and onions and throwing a couple raw eggs on top then stirring and covering the skillet with a lid for a few minutes. That's sounding pretty good again too. Garlic powder and salt and pepper and sometimes a little lemon juice or lime juice is nice. I also add some psyillium husk powder sometimes for extra fiber. Soy-free mayo is nice too stirred in.

Out of hamburger today so off to the store tomorrow to get some chicken for next weeks breakfast. I have a hard boiled egg or two most days also. And some kind of fruit, apples, oranges, or banana, avocadoes. I will also get some fresh fennel to add to my breakfast skillet and whatever else appears to fit in. Cooking once a day is not so hard. I cook meats on the weekend in bulk and use them through the week for different meals. This is just something I decided to try for the heck of it, no big theory behind it or anything.

So far this is working out ok for me. I eat enough in the morning that I am not hungry later in the day.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#105 collgwg

collgwg

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:01 AM

i have such a hard time trying to figure out what to have that i end up eating around 11 or 12 some times its 1 this has got to stop
this thread is great its going to help me greatly thanks for starting it

since the allergy dr wants me to wright everything down i have been making my self eat breakfast so

yesterday: i took 2 corn tortillas out to defrost , then 2 eggs added 2 tsp to the eggs wisked ,added a dash of pepper, cut up all natural black forest ham into chunks ,sliced up some baby spinich mixed that up with the egg mixture then in the fry pan i put 1/4 tsp of herbed baccon fat (gluten-free) sauted 2 small slices of leek poured egg over top scrambled a bit then added motza cheese (gluten soy casin free brand)scrambeled until done, then pout the tortilla on the plate put the scrambeled mixture on top then add the other tortilla, add mabe olive oil or i used antother 1/4 tsp of the bacon fat taht i made , and fry placeing the plate over the entire thing (useing a sandwich plate) then flip slide to plate and enjoy

then i made from frozen fruit banana mango peach oj smoothie

today: bowl of gluten-free organic cornflakes 4 fresh straberries dieced and 2 tbs of wild blueberries

and frozen banana peanut butter cocoa dash vanilla 2 tbs brown sugar smoothie i call it my reeces peanut butter cup smoothie

now im on a mission to figure out what to have for lunch and supper today and hopefully come up with a plan for the next 2 weeks as we have to get grocries for a 2 week period (this method is still up for debate with the dh)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: