535 replies to this topic

#121 freeatlast

freeatlast

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:48 AM

Cocoa Pebbles with three almonds and apple Juicy Juice instead of milk (never use milk in my cereal), one boiled egg, a slice of Rudi's cinnamon raisin toast with cream cheese, and coffee.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#122 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

Pulled pork with Udi's buns and jicama slaw.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#123 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

I used to love bacon egg and cheese sandwiches, so today I made one in a bowl. I cooked some rice, some bacon, and some soft boiled eggs. I mixed them all together with a little butter added and a chunk of cheese on the side. It was really good - I'm glad I made enough to have it again for lunch.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#124 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:47 AM

Grilled ham and cheese sandwich with a big dill pickle on the side , and a BIG glass of milk :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#125 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:17 AM

Grilled ham and cheese sandwich with a big dill pickle on the side , and a BIG glass of milk :D

You got me craving grilled cheese! I can't have any dairy, so here's what I did instead: Took two slices of Rudi's bread and spread them with roasted red pepper hummus and the outsides with coconut oil. Drizzled a little olive oil in the pan and fried it up just like a grilled cheese. The bread stuck to the pan a little but was nicely fried and crispy just like a grilled cheese made with butter. The hummus is the closest I have found texture wise to melted cheese (I can't stand the fake cheese subs). The only thing I will change next time is I may add a slice of smoked turkey or something so it is more like a panini. But yum!
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#126 navigator

navigator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:31 AM

A smoothie made with tropicanna pressed apple juice, flax , pumpkin, sunflower ans sesame seeds, protein powder, strawberries, rasperries and blueberries.

#127 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:34 AM

Bowl of mixed veggies with a chunk of turkey breast.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#128 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:11 AM

You got me craving grilled cheese! I can't have any dairy, so here's what I did instead: Took two slices of Rudi's bread and spread them with roasted red pepper hummus and the outsides with coconut oil. Drizzled a little olive oil in the pan and fried it up just like a grilled cheese. The bread stuck to the pan a little but was nicely fried and crispy just like a grilled cheese made with butter. The hummus is the closest I have found texture wise to melted cheese (I can't stand the fake cheese subs). The only thing I will change next time is I may add a slice of smoked turkey or something so it is more like a panini. But yum!

Sounds wonderful :) ,, makes me wish legumes agreed with me

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoarthritis

#129 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:09 AM

Sounds wonderful :) ,, makes me wish legumes agreed with me

I still can't do black beans but hummus, cooked chick peas and lentils never bothered me. I'm also back to being able to have pinto beans as refried beans in small amounts but I can't overdo it. I would gladly give up the few beans I can eat to go back to eating cheese. I guess we always want what we can't have. I just tell myself it could be worse and I could have neither option. Got to make the best of it.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#130 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:02 PM

I just waited to eat until lunch. Bad me. :ph34r:
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#131 Maggie Mermaid

Maggie Mermaid

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:26 PM

For DH: baked sweet potato covered with garbonzo beans, brown rice, and diced turkey bacon with a side of romaine lettuce leaves. I had a hardboiled egg, rice bread, romaine lettuce leaf, & turkey bacon.
Enlarged thyroid with nodules and Hashimoto's diagnosed 2007. Self-diagnosed as gluten-intolerant.

Husband is gluten-intolerant, also self-diagnosed, suffered from severe eczema which has largely disappeared since avoiding wheat, corn, tomatoes, tree nuts.

#132 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:09 AM

Rice porrige with sugar.
Watermelon and honeydew melon.
Apple and cinnamon pancakes.

My child likes a big breakfast before a long day at school lol.
Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#133 Hawthorn

Hawthorn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:01 AM

I'm going to be boring and have a couple of scrambled eggs with a piece or two of cardboard....oops I mean gluten free bread, toasted. I'll probably follow that with some fruit :)

#134 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:45 AM

Bowl of mixed veggies with a chunk of fish.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#135 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

Today breakfast was : turkey breast,cheese,lettuce,onion wrapped in a corn tortilla :)

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

Osteoarthritis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: