32 replies to this topic

#1 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

Found them at the store today. Too bad they DO cost more. 4.19 for the gluten-free ones. 3.79 for the regular. Same size packages. :angry: Oh well it's not too much more. I was really hoping they would be the same price so I could tell all my non-gluten-free friends to buy the gluten-free ones. Then maybe the company would do away with the old ones completely when they saw how well the gluten-free ones sold. I'm eating a bowl right now and they taste just like the old ones to me. Although it has been over 2 years since I had a bowl of Rice Kripies. They make that snap, crackle, pop sound that is unique to Rice Krispies too. I can't tell a difference. :)
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Judy3

Judy3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

Found them at the store today. Too bad they DO cost more. 4.19 for the gluten-free ones. 3.79 for the regular. Same size packages. :angry: Oh well it's not too much more. I was really hoping they would be the same price so I could tell all my non-gluten-free friends to buy the gluten-free ones. Then maybe the company would do away with the old ones completely when they saw how well the gluten-free ones sold. I'm eating a bowl right now and they taste just like the old ones to me. Although it has been over 2 years since I had a bowl of Rice Kripies. They make that snap, crackle, pop sound that is unique to Rice Krispies too. I can't tell a difference. :)

Rice Krispie treats coming up!!! LOL As soon as I can find them
*Judy

Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. Hmmm
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010

#3 jackay

jackay

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

Are they going to continue making both kinds? I thought the gluten free ones were replacing those with gluten. It's going to be pretty confusing if they have both.

I checked at the local Walmart today and only saw those with gluten.

#4 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

Where did you find them?

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#5 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:20 PM

Are they going to continue making both kinds? I thought the gluten free ones were replacing those with gluten. It's going to be pretty confusing if they have both.

I checked at the local Walmart today and only saw those with gluten.

As far as I know they are keeping the old ones too, but I could be wrong. The gluten-free ones say gluten-free in big letters on the front. I'll try to post a picture of the box.

Posted Image
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#6 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:32 PM

Whoa! Sorry about the big size of that photo. The gluten-free box is also yellow and so it contrasts with the blue box of the non gluten-free ones on the shelf. I'm glad they made it so obvious that these were different.

#7 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

Where did you find them?

Yes, yes, yes!!! Roda and I want to know where you found them . . . grocery store name? Wal-Mart? Hallmark Store? What general area of the country are you in?
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#8 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:42 PM

Yes, yes, yes!!! Roda and I want to know where you found them . . . grocery store name? Wal-Mart? Hallmark Store? What general area of the country are you in?

Sorry! I didn't see Roda's question before. I found them at Farm Fresh (grocery store chain) in Virginia Beach, VA. If anyone is in this area I can be more specific about which store location. They were in the cereal aisle next to the regular Rice Krispies.

#9 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:26 PM

Ooooh! Thanks!

#10 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:01 AM

I just found them at a BI-LO in NC! I was very surprised to find them. I wasn't even looking for them! We still dont have snyders gluten-free pretzels! They taste like I remember, but it's been awhile.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#11 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:27 AM

I just found them at a BI-LO in NC! I was very surprised to find them. I wasn't even looking for them! We still dont have snyders gluten-free pretzels! They taste like I remember, but it's been awhile.

I haven't seen the new Rice Krispies yet but I have found Snyder's gluten-free pretzel sticks at my local Wal-mart...$2.50 for an 8 oz. bag. They are super crunchy though...as in "break-my-teeth crunchy".
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#12 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:21 AM

Well it sounds like they are in areas all around me. I'll have to make a road trip (appx 30-45 min) to see if I can find them. Doubtful I will find them anytime soon in my town.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#13 Haylsinator

Haylsinator

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

I'm in Rochester NY and have check my Walmart and Wegmans - no luck yet. I'm dying to try Rice Krispie Treats! I was never a big fan of the cereal alone but those treats...yum! Thanks for the review. I've been dying to know :) They're online, on Amazon, but I really don't want to buy in bulk for a taste test.
Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by blood test: late November 2008

Consciously Gluten Free starting end of November 2008

#14 Noomers

Noomers

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

I found them at Meijer for $3.20.

#15 sarahbella636

sarahbella636

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

I bought them last week from Amazon. At the time they were $2.98 a box for a 4-pack with the Subscribe & Save discount but now they appear to be $3.38 each w/ the discount. My kids loved making Rice Krispies treats with them and I thought they tasted very similar to the regular ones (I myself can have gluten, just not my son). I did have a bowl of cereal with them this morning and thought the taste was good but I felt like they were mushy as soon as I poured the milk on top. All in all though, I am thrilled to be able to make Rice Krispies treats again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: