This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

I Found The New gluten-free Rice Krispies

GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Found them at the store today. Too bad they DO cost more. 4.19 for the gluten-free ones. 3.79 for the regular. Same size packages. :angry: Oh well it's not too much more. I was really hoping they would be the same price so I could tell all my non-gluten-free friends to buy the gluten-free ones. Then maybe the company would do away with the old ones completely when they saw how well the gluten-free ones sold. I'm eating a bowl right now and they taste just like the old ones to me. Although it has been over 2 years since I had a bowl of Rice Kripies. They make that snap, crackle, pop sound that is unique to Rice Krispies too. I can't tell a difference. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judy3 Contributor

Found them at the store today. Too bad they DO cost more. 4.19 for the gluten-free ones. 3.79 for the regular. Same size packages. :angry: Oh well it's not too much more. I was really hoping they would be the same price so I could tell all my non-gluten-free friends to buy the gluten-free ones. Then maybe the company would do away with the old ones completely when they saw how well the gluten-free ones sold. I'm eating a bowl right now and they taste just like the old ones to me. Although it has been over 2 years since I had a bowl of Rice Kripies. They make that snap, crackle, pop sound that is unique to Rice Krispies too. I can't tell a difference. :)

Rice Krispie treats coming up!!! LOL As soon as I can find them

jackay Enthusiast

Are they going to continue making both kinds? I thought the gluten free ones were replacing those with gluten. It's going to be pretty confusing if they have both.

I checked at the local Walmart today and only saw those with gluten.

Roda Rising Star

Where did you find them?

Are they going to continue making both kinds? I thought the gluten free ones were replacing those with gluten. It's going to be pretty confusing if they have both.

I checked at the local Walmart today and only saw those with gluten.

As far as I know they are keeping the old ones too, but I could be wrong. The gluten-free ones say gluten-free in big letters on the front. I'll try to post a picture of the box.

HPIM1149.webp

Whoa! Sorry about the big size of that photo. The gluten-free box is also yellow and so it contrasts with the blue box of the non gluten-free ones on the shelf. I'm glad they made it so obvious that these were different.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Where did you find them?

Yes, yes, yes!!! Roda and I want to know where you found them . . . grocery store name? Wal-Mart? Hallmark Store? What general area of the country are you in?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Yes, yes, yes!!! Roda and I want to know where you found them . . . grocery store name? Wal-Mart? Hallmark Store? What general area of the country are you in?

Sorry! I didn't see Roda's question before. I found them at Farm Fresh (grocery store chain) in Virginia Beach, VA. If anyone is in this area I can be more specific about which store location. They were in the cereal aisle next to the regular Rice Krispies.

Juliebove Rising Star

Ooooh! Thanks!

CarolinaKip Community Regular

I just found them at a BI-LO in NC! I was very surprised to find them. I wasn't even looking for them! We still dont have snyders gluten-free pretzels! They taste like I remember, but it's been awhile.

sa1937 Community Regular

I just found them at a BI-LO in NC! I was very surprised to find them. I wasn't even looking for them! We still dont have snyders gluten-free pretzels! They taste like I remember, but it's been awhile.

I haven't seen the new Rice Krispies yet but I have found Snyder's gluten-free pretzel sticks at my local Wal-mart...$2.50 for an 8 oz. bag. They are super crunchy though...as in "break-my-teeth crunchy".

Roda Rising Star

Well it sounds like they are in areas all around me. I'll have to make a road trip (appx 30-45 min) to see if I can find them. Doubtful I will find them anytime soon in my town.

HS7474 Apprentice

I'm in Rochester NY and have check my Walmart and Wegmans - no luck yet. I'm dying to try Rice Krispie Treats! I was never a big fan of the cereal alone but those treats...yum! Thanks for the review. I've been dying to know :) They're online, on Amazon, but I really don't want to buy in bulk for a taste test.

Noomers Rookie

I found them at Meijer for $3.20.

sarahbella636 Newbie

I bought them last week from Amazon. At the time they were $2.98 a box for a 4-pack with the Subscribe & Save discount but now they appear to be $3.38 each w/ the discount. My kids loved making Rice Krispies treats with them and I thought they tasted very similar to the regular ones (I myself can have gluten, just not my son). I did have a bowl of cereal with them this morning and thought the taste was good but I felt like they were mushy as soon as I poured the milk on top. All in all though, I am thrilled to be able to make Rice Krispies treats again!

Judy3 Contributor

I found them tonight in Green Bay, WI at Woodman's Market for $2.99 a box. Yay. Someone told me they also saw them at Walmart. They are right next to the regular Rice Krispies and clearly are marked Gluten Free and in a yellow box like was said before. :)

Thanks for the tip, I would have never thought to look.

Oh yeah, they taste the same as regular!!

Judy3 Contributor

I haven't seen the new Rice Krispies yet but I have found Snyder's gluten-free pretzel sticks at my local Wal-mart...$2.50 for an 8 oz. bag. They are super crunchy though...as in "break-my-teeth crunchy".

I love the Snyders gluten free pretzels.. the crunch is awesome. My non-gluten free son likes them better than regular ones.. :)

HS7474 Apprentice

I love the Snyders gluten free pretzels.. the crunch is awesome. My non-gluten free son likes them better than regular ones.. :)

I have these with me for lunch today :) I adore them! My non-gluten free husband also thinks they're better than regular. I tried them again after reading the "break my teeth" comment and don't think they're too curnchy either. So delish!

sa1937 Community Regular

I have these with me for lunch today :) I adore them! My non-gluten free husband also thinks they're better than regular. I tried them again after reading the "break my teeth" comment and don't think they're too curnchy either. So delish!

I have old teeth! :lol: And have had a lot of dental work. I need to be really careful eating them.

Judy3 Contributor

I have old teeth! :lol: And have had a lot of dental work. I need to be really careful eating them.

LOL Sylvia Old Teeth!! :lol::D

Okay, does anyone know if these new Rice Krispies are made in a gluten-free facility? It's two days after my first bowlful and I'm having all my usual signs of gluten cc. Last night I made Rice Krispie treats and after eating them my stomach was puffed up and hurt like the devil. Today I'm having major brain fog, fatigue and joint pain. The marshmallows I used are Walmart brand which say gluten free on them and I have had that brand in the past without trouble. Everything else I've eaten has been naturally gluten-free and prepared by me in my own kitchen except for some lunch meat (Hormel Natural Choice labeled gluten-free). At first I suspected the lunch meat when my heartburn started yesterday, but then I remembered my symtpoms are almost always delayed by a day or two. I had the Rice Krispies first. I've eaten three bowls in the past three days. Oye Vey. I don't want these to be unsafe. Please, someone tell me there are made in a dedicated gluten-free facilty!

sa1937 Community Regular

LOL Sylvia Old Teeth!! :lol::D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sa1937 Community Regular

Okay, does anyone know if these new Rice Krispies are made in a gluten-free facility? It's two days after my first bowlful and I'm having all my usual signs of gluten cc. Last night I made Rice Krispie treats and after eating them my stomach was puffed up and hurt like the devil. Today I'm having major brain fog, fatigue and joint pain. The marshmallows I used are Walmart brand which say gluten free on them and I have had that brand in the past without trouble. Everything else I've eaten has been naturally gluten-free and prepared by me in my own kitchen except for some lunch meat (Hormel Natural Choice labeled gluten-free). At first I suspected the lunch meat when my heartburn started yesterday, but then I remembered my symtpoms are almost always delayed by a day or two. I had the Rice Krispies first. I've eaten three bowls in the past three days. Oye Vey. I don't want these to be unsafe. Please, someone tell me there are made in a dedicated gluten-free facilty!

More info here:

The Gluten-Free Rice Krispies are being made in a separate production facility that has been making gluten-free products for close to a decade. Every batch of product is tested for gluten, as is the production line. Open Original Shared Link

More info here:

The Gluten-Free Rice Krispies are being made in a separate production facility that has been making gluten-free products for close to a decade. Every batch of product is tested for gluten, as is the production line. Open Original Shared Link

Thanks Sylvia. So I guess my next step will have to be to write to Kelloggs and find out where they are being made. If the gluten-free facility processes gluten-free oats like Bob's Red Mills products does that could be my problem. I'm just super-sensitive to cc. I really hope that it's not the Rice Kripies that made me sick but I can't figure out what else it could be. I'm going to wait a week and then try them again.

sa1937 Community Regular

Thanks Sylvia. So I guess my next step will have to be to write to Kelloggs and find out where they are being made. If the gluten-free facility processes gluten-free oats like Bob's Red Mills products does that could be my problem. I'm just super-sensitive to cc. I really hope that it's not the Rice Kripies that made me sick but I can't figure out what else it could be. I'm going to wait a week and then try them again.

You're welcome. Let us know what Kellogg's says. With the heat wave this past week, do you think that could have caused problems for you instead of the particular products you tried? Just a thought.

Archived