This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

I Found The New gluten-free Rice Krispies

GlutenFreeManna

jackay Enthusiast

Okay, does anyone know if these new Rice Krispies are made in a gluten-free facility? It's two days after my first bowlful and I'm having all my usual signs of gluten cc. Last night I made Rice Krispie treats and after eating them my stomach was puffed up and hurt like the devil. Today I'm having major brain fog, fatigue and joint pain. The marshmallows I used are Walmart brand which say gluten free on them and I have had that brand in the past without trouble. Everything else I've eaten has been naturally gluten-free and prepared by me in my own kitchen except for some lunch meat (Hormel Natural Choice labeled gluten-free). At first I suspected the lunch meat when my heartburn started yesterday, but then I remembered my symtpoms are almost always delayed by a day or two. I had the Rice Krispies first. I've eaten three bowls in the past three days. Oye Vey. I don't want these to be unsafe. Please, someone tell me there are made in a dedicated gluten-free facilty!

Are you able to eat the Chex gluten free cereals?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judy3 Contributor

Made the Rice Krispie treats today and now that I've eaten my weight in them :lol: I think I need a nap... they were soooo good though..

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

You're welcome. Let us know what Kellogg's says. With the heat wave this past week, do you think that could have caused problems for you instead of the particular products you tried? Just a thought.

That's a possible explanation for my fatigue--I could be dehydrated since I walked to the store three times this week. My store is only across the street, however-- it is not a far walk at all. I do have trouble in hot wheather. However, the heat would not cause me to have heartburn, stomach cramps and D. This is certainly not the worst I've had it symptomwise. It feels like a mild glutening to me but it's enough I haven't wanted to do much of anything and I've spent all day today alternating between being curled up in the fetal position on my couch and going into the bathroom. I'll let you know what I find out.

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Are you able to eat the Chex gluten free cereals?

Yes, I eat the plain rice chex and plain corn chex now without any trouble. The very first time I tried them I thought they were a problem too, but I figured I was just too early in my healing process. The Rice Kripsies have almost identical ingredients to Rice chex so I should be able to eat them.

color-me-confused Explorer

Rice Krispie treats coming up!!! LOL As soon as I can find them

You got it. I got my box of RK and a bag of Jet-Puffed marshmallows over the weekend... The gluten-free Rice Krispies are brown rice, interestingly enough. I haven't tried 'em yet.

GFreeMO Proficient

Okay, does anyone know if these new Rice Krispies are made in a gluten-free facility? It's two days after my first bowlful and I'm having all my usual signs of gluten cc. Last night I made Rice Krispie treats and after eating them my stomach was puffed up and hurt like the devil. Today I'm having major brain fog, fatigue and joint pain. The marshmallows I used are Walmart brand which say gluten free on them and I have had that brand in the past without trouble. Everything else I've eaten has been naturally gluten-free and prepared by me in my own kitchen except for some lunch meat (Hormel Natural Choice labeled gluten-free). At first I suspected the lunch meat when my heartburn started yesterday, but then I remembered my symtpoms are almost always delayed by a day or two. I had the Rice Krispies first. I've eaten three bowls in the past three days. Oye Vey. I don't want these to be unsafe. Please, someone tell me there are made in a dedicated gluten-free facilty!

Sorry that you are not feeling well. Not sure where you live but here in Kansas City, there is a stomach virus going around. I thought that I was glutened by cc but them when my husband and Mom got the same thing, I figured out that it was a stomach virus. D, stomach pain, headache, joint and muscle pain...etc.

I found the gluten free rice krispies at Hyvee right next to the regular ones and they were on sale for 2 for 5 dollars. :D

kareng Grand Master

Sorry that you are not feeling well. Not sure where you live but here in Kansas City, there is a stomach virus going around. I thought that I was glutened by cc but them when my husband and Mom got the same thing, I figured out that it was a stomach virus. D, stomach pain, headache, joint and muscle pain...etc.

I found the gluten free rice krispies at Hyvee right next to the regular ones and they were on sale for 2 for 5 dollars. :D

I was just at HyVee yesterday & forgot to look. I'm going soon.

Keep your virus on your side of town, Miss!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

HS7474 Apprentice

I found them! Yay! I noticed that my local Walmart had them on the shelves. I was so excited! I tried them straight from the box and, I'm sorry, but they taste absolutely nothing like regular RK. I can say that I've had RK recently, the regular ones in a rebellious is-it-really-Celiac test, and they are very, very different. Normal RK have very little after taste but these "brown rice" ones stick with you. However! I made RK treats and I am beyond happy to say that as they cooled they began to taste exaclty like the original! If my husband (a gluten eater) hadn't eaten what I had not, by the time he got home from work, I would have devoured the entire pan. Considering that two of us managed to eat nearly the entire thing in one day, I'd say the gluten-free RK treats certainly pass the taste test!

Archived