32 replies to this topic

#16 Judy3

Judy3

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:50 PM

I found them tonight in Green Bay, WI at Woodman's Market for $2.99 a box. Yay. Someone told me they also saw them at Walmart. They are right next to the regular Rice Krispies and clearly are marked Gluten Free and in a yellow box like was said before. :)

Thanks for the tip, I would have never thought to look.

Oh yeah, they taste the same as regular!!
*Judy

Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. Hmmm
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Judy3

Judy3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

I haven't seen the new Rice Krispies yet but I have found Snyder's gluten-free pretzel sticks at my local Wal-mart...$2.50 for an 8 oz. bag. They are super crunchy though...as in "break-my-teeth crunchy".

I love the Snyders gluten free pretzels.. the crunch is awesome. My non-gluten free son likes them better than regular ones.. :)
*Judy

Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. Hmmm

#18 Haylsinator

Haylsinator

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:27 AM

I love the Snyders gluten free pretzels.. the crunch is awesome. My non-gluten free son likes them better than regular ones.. :)

I have these with me for lunch today :) I adore them! My non-gluten free husband also thinks they're better than regular. I tried them again after reading the "break my teeth" comment and don't think they're too curnchy either. So delish!
Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by blood test: late November 2008

Consciously Gluten Free starting end of November 2008

#19 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:30 AM

I have these with me for lunch today :) I adore them! My non-gluten free husband also thinks they're better than regular. I tried them again after reading the "break my teeth" comment and don't think they're too curnchy either. So delish!

I have old teeth! :lol: And have had a lot of dental work. I need to be really careful eating them.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#20 Judy3

Judy3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:50 AM

I have old teeth! :lol: And have had a lot of dental work. I need to be really careful eating them.

LOL Sylvia Old Teeth!! :lol: :D
*Judy

#21 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:51 AM

Okay, does anyone know if these new Rice Krispies are made in a gluten-free facility? It's two days after my first bowlful and I'm having all my usual signs of gluten cc. Last night I made Rice Krispie treats and after eating them my stomach was puffed up and hurt like the devil. Today I'm having major brain fog, fatigue and joint pain. The marshmallows I used are Walmart brand which say gluten free on them and I have had that brand in the past without trouble. Everything else I've eaten has been naturally gluten-free and prepared by me in my own kitchen except for some lunch meat (Hormel Natural Choice labeled gluten-free). At first I suspected the lunch meat when my heartburn started yesterday, but then I remembered my symtpoms are almost always delayed by a day or two. I had the Rice Krispies first. I've eaten three bowls in the past three days. Oye Vey. I don't want these to be unsafe. Please, someone tell me there are made in a dedicated gluten-free facilty!
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#22 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

LOL Sylvia Old Teeth!! :lol: :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sylvia

#23 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

Okay, does anyone know if these new Rice Krispies are made in a gluten-free facility? It's two days after my first bowlful and I'm having all my usual signs of gluten cc. Last night I made Rice Krispie treats and after eating them my stomach was puffed up and hurt like the devil. Today I'm having major brain fog, fatigue and joint pain. The marshmallows I used are Walmart brand which say gluten free on them and I have had that brand in the past without trouble. Everything else I've eaten has been naturally gluten-free and prepared by me in my own kitchen except for some lunch meat (Hormel Natural Choice labeled gluten-free). At first I suspected the lunch meat when my heartburn started yesterday, but then I remembered my symtpoms are almost always delayed by a day or two. I had the Rice Krispies first. I've eaten three bowls in the past three days. Oye Vey. I don't want these to be unsafe. Please, someone tell me there are made in a dedicated gluten-free facilty!

More info here:
The Gluten-Free Rice Krispies are being made in a separate production facility that has been making gluten-free products for close to a decade. Every batch of product is tested for gluten, as is the production line. http://celiac-diseas...rispies-treats/
Sylvia

#24 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

More info here:
The Gluten-Free Rice Krispies are being made in a separate production facility that has been making gluten-free products for close to a decade. Every batch of product is tested for gluten, as is the production line. http://celiac-diseas...rispies-treats/

Thanks Sylvia. So I guess my next step will have to be to write to Kelloggs and find out where they are being made. If the gluten-free facility processes gluten-free oats like Bob's Red Mills products does that could be my problem. I'm just super-sensitive to cc. I really hope that it's not the Rice Kripies that made me sick but I can't figure out what else it could be. I'm going to wait a week and then try them again.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#25 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

Thanks Sylvia. So I guess my next step will have to be to write to Kelloggs and find out where they are being made. If the gluten-free facility processes gluten-free oats like Bob's Red Mills products does that could be my problem. I'm just super-sensitive to cc. I really hope that it's not the Rice Kripies that made me sick but I can't figure out what else it could be. I'm going to wait a week and then try them again.

You're welcome. Let us know what Kellogg's says. With the heat wave this past week, do you think that could have caused problems for you instead of the particular products you tried? Just a thought.
Sylvia

#26 jackay

jackay

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

Are you able to eat the Chex gluten free cereals?

#27 Judy3

Judy3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

Made the Rice Krispie treats today and now that I've eaten my weight in them :lol: I think I need a nap... they were soooo good though..
*Judy

#28 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

You're welcome. Let us know what Kellogg's says. With the heat wave this past week, do you think that could have caused problems for you instead of the particular products you tried? Just a thought.

That's a possible explanation for my fatigue--I could be dehydrated since I walked to the store three times this week. My store is only across the street, however-- it is not a far walk at all. I do have trouble in hot wheather. However, the heat would not cause me to have heartburn, stomach cramps and D. This is certainly not the worst I've had it symptomwise. It feels like a mild glutening to me but it's enough I haven't wanted to do much of anything and I've spent all day today alternating between being curled up in the fetal position on my couch and going into the bathroom. I'll let you know what I find out.

#29 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

Are you able to eat the Chex gluten free cereals?

Yes, I eat the plain rice chex and plain corn chex now without any trouble. The very first time I tried them I thought they were a problem too, but I figured I was just too early in my healing process. The Rice Kripsies have almost identical ingredients to Rice chex so I should be able to eat them.

#30 color_me_confused

color_me_confused

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

Rice Krispie treats coming up!!! LOL As soon as I can find them

You got it. I got my box of RK and a bag of Jet-Puffed marshmallows over the weekend... The gluten-free Rice Krispies are brown rice, interestingly enough. I haven't tried 'em yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: