32 replies to this topic

#31 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:10 PM

Okay, does anyone know if these new Rice Krispies are made in a gluten-free facility? It's two days after my first bowlful and I'm having all my usual signs of gluten cc. Last night I made Rice Krispie treats and after eating them my stomach was puffed up and hurt like the devil. Today I'm having major brain fog, fatigue and joint pain. The marshmallows I used are Walmart brand which say gluten free on them and I have had that brand in the past without trouble. Everything else I've eaten has been naturally gluten-free and prepared by me in my own kitchen except for some lunch meat (Hormel Natural Choice labeled gluten-free). At first I suspected the lunch meat when my heartburn started yesterday, but then I remembered my symtpoms are almost always delayed by a day or two. I had the Rice Krispies first. I've eaten three bowls in the past three days. Oye Vey. I don't want these to be unsafe. Please, someone tell me there are made in a dedicated gluten-free facilty!

Sorry that you are not feeling well. Not sure where you live but here in Kansas City, there is a stomach virus going around. I thought that I was glutened by cc but them when my husband and Mom got the same thing, I figured out that it was a stomach virus. D, stomach pain, headache, joint and muscle pain...etc.

I found the gluten free rice krispies at Hyvee right next to the regular ones and they were on sale for 2 for 5 dollars. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

Sorry that you are not feeling well. Not sure where you live but here in Kansas City, there is a stomach virus going around. I thought that I was glutened by cc but them when my husband and Mom got the same thing, I figured out that it was a stomach virus. D, stomach pain, headache, joint and muscle pain...etc.

I found the gluten free rice krispies at Hyvee right next to the regular ones and they were on sale for 2 for 5 dollars. :D

I was just at HyVee yesterday & forgot to look. I'm going soon.

Keep your virus on your side of town, Miss!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#33 Haylsinator

Haylsinator

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:25 AM

I found them! Yay! I noticed that my local Walmart had them on the shelves. I was so excited! I tried them straight from the box and, I'm sorry, but they taste absolutely nothing like regular RK. I can say that I've had RK recently, the regular ones in a rebellious is-it-really-Celiac test, and they are very, very different. Normal RK have very little after taste but these "brown rice" ones stick with you. However! I made RK treats and I am beyond happy to say that as they cooled they began to taste exaclty like the original! If my husband (a gluten eater) hadn't eaten what I had not, by the time he got home from work, I would have devoured the entire pan. Considering that two of us managed to eat nearly the entire thing in one day, I'd say the gluten-free RK treats certainly pass the taste test!
Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by blood test: late November 2008

Consciously Gluten Free starting end of November 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: