• Please log in to reply

32 replies to this topic

GFreeMO

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:10 PM

Okay, does anyone know if these new Rice Krispies are made in a gluten-free facility? It's two days after my first bowlful and I'm having all my usual signs of gluten cc. Last night I made Rice Krispie treats and after eating them my stomach was puffed up and hurt like the devil. Today I'm having major brain fog, fatigue and joint pain. The marshmallows I used are Walmart brand which say gluten free on them and I have had that brand in the past without trouble. Everything else I've eaten has been naturally gluten-free and prepared by me in my own kitchen except for some lunch meat (Hormel Natural Choice labeled gluten-free). At first I suspected the lunch meat when my heartburn started yesterday, but then I remembered my symtpoms are almost always delayed by a day or two. I had the Rice Krispies first. I've eaten three bowls in the past three days. Oye Vey. I don't want these to be unsafe. Please, someone tell me there are made in a dedicated gluten-free facilty!

Sorry that you are not feeling well. Not sure where you live but here in Kansas City, there is a stomach virus going around. I thought that I was glutened by cc but them when my husband and Mom got the same thing, I figured out that it was a stomach virus. D, stomach pain, headache, joint and muscle pain...etc.

I found the gluten free rice krispies at Hyvee right next to the regular ones and they were on sale for 2 for 5 dollars. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,598 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

Sorry that you are not feeling well. Not sure where you live but here in Kansas City, there is a stomach virus going around. I thought that I was glutened by cc but them when my husband and Mom got the same thing, I figured out that it was a stomach virus. D, stomach pain, headache, joint and muscle pain...etc.

I found the gluten free rice krispies at Hyvee right next to the regular ones and they were on sale for 2 for 5 dollars. :D

I was just at HyVee yesterday & forgot to look. I'm going soon.

Keep your virus on your side of town, Miss!

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

Haylsinator

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:25 AM

I found them! Yay! I noticed that my local Walmart had them on the shelves. I was so excited! I tried them straight from the box and, I'm sorry, but they taste absolutely nothing like regular RK. I can say that I've had RK recently, the regular ones in a rebellious is-it-really-Celiac test, and they are very, very different. Normal RK have very little after taste but these "brown rice" ones stick with you. However! I made RK treats and I am beyond happy to say that as they cooled they began to taste exaclty like the original! If my husband (a gluten eater) hadn't eaten what I had not, by the time he got home from work, I would have devoured the entire pan. Considering that two of us managed to eat nearly the entire thing in one day, I'd say the gluten-free RK treats certainly pass the taste test!
Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by blood test: late November 2008

Consciously Gluten Free starting end of November 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: