4 replies to this topic

#1 Coinkey

Coinkey

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

I am hoping someone here could help me out with finding Soy and Gluten free alcoholic beverages. Is it just wine I can have or are there some cocktails I can have mixed up for me at the bar? I'd like to see some cans not cannots. I know beer, whiskey, rye, vodka and things mixed into coke are out. I know wine is just fine but I'm bored of wine and want something girly and fancy- any suggestions?
Self diagnosed as gluten free as all tests were negative and the doctor was completely useless.

Gluten Free since June 2010
Suspecting soy and milk as of June 2011

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 NikkiV

NikkiV

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

I am fairly new to Celiac Disease and have been learning to deal with it for about 10 months now. I too am sensitive to soy and dairy so I feel your pain, but from what I have researched not all wines are infact gluten free. Some corks may have CC and the wines themselves get CC from where they are stored. I only stick to Agave Tequilas... But if anyone knows of any other liquors that are 100% gluten-free let me know... Vegas trip in July (=

#3 kledford

kledford

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

Titos vodka is distilled 6 times and the label says "gluten free" it is reasonably priced and a really good taste to it, very very smooth.....I love this vodka!

#4 lizard00

lizard00

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

I have never had a problem with mixed drinks-- but I usually mix my own and don't use mixes. My husband and I killed the bottle of bourbon a couple of days ago. :ph34r: I only use agave tequila, but that's just cause I'm a purist with just about anything that I consume. When I get a drink out, it's usually a margarita. They're my fave. :rolleyes:

There is gluten-free beer available, but not always when you're out and about. I'd say be more careful of the mixers.

Wines are different. I've never thought I've been glutened by wine, but there are some wines that make my skin crawl after one sip. I'm pretty sure that's the sulfites or tannins. So we kind of stick to the same brands.

And I am pretty darn sensitive to both gluten and soy.
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive
Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008
Soy free Jan 09

#5 MNMAC

MNMAC

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:21 AM

There are some gluten-free beers out there including redbridge which is made by budweiser and seems to be the most popular. Most whiskey, vodkas and brandys are fine, I personally have never had a reaction to any of them. Google gluten-free beverages to get a complete list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: