Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Chex (gluten-free) And Lara Bars Finally At My Store In Canada!

27 posts in this topic

I have never seen any Chex in Canada (let alone gluten-free Chex) and today while I was grocery shopping, there was a whole stack of gluten-free Chex - regular and honey something. Wow. We seem so behind the times here in Canada when it comes to gluten-free products! This store is also now stocking Lara Bars in 3 flavours! I had to buy a few to see what all the fuss is about, although they are $2 each. The lime one is quite good but to be quite honest not as spectacular as I had expected. Perhaps the other flavours will be better! :) I can see how they will come in handy for traveling, though (long drives, flights, airport layovers and so on).

Ads by Google:

Thats great!! Ive never had Lara Bars due to a nut allergy but I LOVE chex. My favorite are the rice chex. If you can find those, they make great marshmallow treats too!

Costco has at least two different bars.....cheaper when buying in bulk.

The Lara bars are best slightly warmed from sitting in the car while you're busy doing something else. ;)

Costco has at least two different bars.....cheaper when buying in bulk.

Good to know. We do not have a membership as the nearest Costco is 3 hours' drive from here but maybe it is something we should look into. Do they carry Udi products? Our bread is $7.49 per loaf here.

The Lara bars are best slightly warmed from sitting in the car while you're busy doing something else. ;)

Glad to hear it! :P

Yes! I've been waiting for the Chex!

Lara bars are at Costco in boxes of 12 bars (4 each of 3 flavours - apple, key lime, peanut butter). I don't remember the exact price for the box, but it's cheaper than buying them separately at the grocery store. They are located in the candy aisle for some reason.

So, that happens to others, too? :P

Yes! I've been waiting for the Chex!

Lara bars are at Costco in boxes of 12 bars (4 each of 3 flavours - apple, key lime, peanut butter). I don't remember the exact price for the box, but it's cheaper than buying them separately at the grocery store. They are located in the candy aisle for some reason.

Will definitely check it out when we make the next drive to the city.

I live on LaraBars when I travel! My suitcase is always full of them. I buy them at Costco too.

Good to know. We do not have a membership as the nearest Costco is 3 hours' drive from here but maybe it is something we should look into. Do they carry Udi products? Our bread is $7.49 per loaf here.

My Costco doesn't have Udi's but they do carry Rudi's, frozen. Two loaves for $6.00 and something -- $6.89 maybe? -- which makes each one about as expensive as a loaf of regular bread! I was so thrilled when I discovered that!

My Costco doesn't have Udi's but they do carry Rudi's, frozen. Two loaves for $6.00 and something -- $6.89 maybe? -- which makes each one about as expensive as a loaf of regular bread! I was so thrilled when I discovered that!

That is a very good price! I look forward to checking this out.

Had my Chex this morning and it is very good. It is definitely the best gluten-free cereal (by far) I have ever tried. I have never had Chex before - when we visit the US we generally don't have cereal! :P

I have never seen any Chex in Canada (let alone gluten-free Chex) and today while I was grocery shopping, there was a whole stack of gluten-free Chex - regular and honey something. Wow. We seem so behind the times here in Canada when it comes to gluten-free products! This store is also now stocking Lara Bars in 3 flavours! I had to buy a few to see what all the fuss is about, although they are $2 each. The lime one is quite good but to be quite honest not as spectacular as I had expected. Perhaps the other flavours will be better! :) I can see how they will come in handy for traveling, though (long drives, flights, airport layovers and so on).

Which store? I haven't seem them in Calgary yet.

Super Store (Loblaws). Believe me, I was stunned to see them. I actually got tears in my eyes because I was that astounded! :) Maybe I should go and grab 20 boxes to ensure they continue selling them here! They were not in the regular cereal section nor where they in the gluten-free section - in between those aisles at the very end (teaser aisle). At $5.99 they are far cheaper than the gluten-free cereals in our store. Another bonus!

Superstore?! Really?! YAY!! I've been waiting for this! I will be on the hunt on Saturday! haha

Thanks for the update :)

Super Store (Loblaws). Believe me, I was stunned to see them. I actually got tears in my eyes because I was that astounded! :) Maybe I should go and grab 20 boxes to ensure they continue selling them here! They were not in the regular cereal section nor where they in the gluten-free section - in between those aisles at the very end (teaser aisle). At $5.99 they are far cheaper than the gluten-free cereals in our store. Another bonus!

Superstore?! Really?! YAY!! I've been waiting for this! I will be on the hunt on Saturday! haha

Thanks for the update :)

It has been a long wait for news this good! At my celiac support group meeting last night someone mentioned that the Chex is also at WalMart!!!! Double YAY!

My wife found them today in the regular cereal aisle at Loblaw Great Food here in Markham (suburb of Toronto).

:):)

My wife found them today in the regular cereal aisle at Loblaw Great Food here in Markham (suburb of Toronto).

:):)

Awesome! In one of our flyers today they are on sale for $3.99 which is unheard of for gluten-free cereal so I am going to stock up like mad! :P

I found some Honey Nut Chex at Walmart yesterday. $4.97 for a 390g box. There were only a few boxes, so I grabbed two of them.

I've only seen the Chex at Metro stores so far.

For those in the Toronto area, I just saw Chex at Longo's, a family-owned 24-store regional chain.

For those in Atlantic Canada, Gluten Free Chex (rice or honey) are officially available at Atlantic Superstore :D $5.49 a box (yikes) but worth the treat!

Chex has been spotted by someone on the Calgary Celiac Community Facebook group in Coop North Hill location. Also, Udi's at Safeway (Westbrook Mall at least) is on sale for 4.89- sale ends tomorrow (found them today and stocked up on a whole TWO LOAVES!)

I was so stunned when I was in IGA yesterday. There was a huge display!!!! I snapped a picture and posted it on facebook. I bought a teeny tiny box for 6.49 and tore it open as soon as I got home. I'm actually a little disappointed. It is soooo sweet! I'll try the rice ones next time, maybe they'll be a little less sweet. I'll be sure to stop in superstore and see if they have it for cheaper. Sadly the one near me does't have a "natural foods" aisle yet- the gluten free selection is very slim

I got Honey Nut Chex yesterday at Sobeys. I'm so happy that they finally sell it in Canada. I've been waiting to try for so long after seeing all the hype about it on the forum. And I must say, it's absolutely amazing! I've eaten almost half the box already :)