This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pizza Bagels With Udi's.

maximoo

maximoo Enthusiast

Hi all: After last week's disaster with kinnickinnick pizza crusts I decided to try making pizza on udi's bagels & they were pretty good! I know its not a new invention but its something decent the kids could eat. Now the bagels are pre-sliced & unfortunately not evenly so one side was thin & crispy & the other side was thick with a slight crunch. I like the thin/crispy side better but the thick side was ok too.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

I look forward to trying Udi's bagels. Have you tried the Udi's pizza crust? They are thin and crisp but pretty good - about 1,903,476 times better than Kinnikinnick pizza crust and bagels. Those are absolutely horrid. I still like making my own crust best but sometimes when you're in a rush it is nice to have crusts on hand (will freeze more of my own in future). Thanks for mentioning it! :P

maximoo Enthusiast

i cant remember if I've seen udi' crusts. I didn't know they made them. I will look for them.

GFreeMO Proficient

I have a package of Udi's crusts in the freezer. What kind of pizza sauce do you all use? What is gluten free?

love2travel Mentor

I have a package of Udi's crusts in the freezer. What kind of pizza sauce do you all use? What is gluten free?

I use my own homemade pizza sauce, homemade pesto (all kinds), fresh basil and mushrooms. And if I am feeling rather indulgent, crispy pancetta or bacon jam. Another favourite of mine is to make bianca or "white" pizza the way they do it in Italy. It simply is very fresh olive oil, fresh herbs and a sprinkling of good salt. Also nice with Parmesan, Asiago or Pecorino. Sometimes I add homemade red pesto (sundried tomato) or roasted red peppers (but then that doesn't make it white!).

Fresh roasted figs and a good blue cheese are superb crumbled atop a pizza, then drizzled with some good olive oil.

maximoo Enthusiast

@ luv2travel can you please post how you make your pizza crust & pizza sauce?--not the pesto one tho just regular sauce.

Menic Apprentice

I've tried Udi's bagels for pizza and their regular crusts. I actually prefer Schar's pizza crust the best of all the one's I've tried.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

I've tried Udi's bagels for pizza and their regular crusts. I actually prefer Schar's pizza crust the best of all the one's I've tried.

I have not yet tried Schar's crusts because I have tried the insipid bread and was horrified at how awful it was. I do like the breadsticks, though. What are the crusts like? Are they crispy like Udi's or kind of soft like Kinnikinnick?

love2travel Mentor

@ luv2travel can you please post how you make your pizza crust & pizza sauce?--not the pesto one tho just regular sauce.

I am going out of town for the weekend right away but will post the recipes when I return. I will have access to the internet, though, but won't bother taking my recipes along. B)

maximoo Enthusiast

I bought the udi 's pizza crust, we all like it! They cost $5.29 for 2 & I used $1 coupon so for $2.15 each not too bad as the crusts are a nice size.

I still would like the recipe for a good homemade pizza crust and sauce.

sa1937 Community Regular

I still would like the recipe for a good homemade pizza crust and sauce.

This past weekend I made pizza using Open Original Shared Link that I find to be pretty good and thus far it has been my go to recipe for pizza. I do have her flour but you can mix up your own Open Original Shared Link mix found here, which I think is what her flour is based on. I used a prepared sauce but I really do need to make my own.

Lizard00 posted Carol Fenster's recipe here that I also want to try (scroll down to message #897)

I hope this helps a bit. I'm sure others will chime in with their recommendations, too.

Archived