Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Digestaqure Question

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have been following this forum for over a year now and have finally decided to register. Your post have really helped me this last year. I was diagnosed in February of 2009 at the age of 48 after having spent 7 days in the hospital. My GP thought it was IBS so she sent me to a GI who said he wanted to do an endoscopy, he took several biospy and then was happy with the results he received at our local labs so he sent them on to the UCSF and they said most defintely celiac. When I went for my results I had never even heard of celiac, he handed me a paper that kind of explained it and said to not eat anything with gluten and that was it, so I did my own research and with the help of my wonderful husband and youngest daughter I have been gluten free since, however a year later I am still having problems, so my GP sent me to new GI who had just moved into our city and he decided to do another endo and my first colonoscopy and he discovered I have a very twisted colon and my small intestine has not healed, so he told me to do more research. That is why I decided to register and ask a question. A good friend of mine discovered this website about digestaqure and it says it has this pill you take that can heal your villi. So has anyone heard of this or tried it. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Once again all of your post have really helped me through this last year and when other family memebers don't understand what your going through, I have always come to this forum and you all understand.

Thank you for listen,

Pam

Ads by Google:

I pulled up the DigestaQure website and came away feeling that if sounds too good to be true, it probably is. And I couldn't find anything about it on this forum. If it was that good, I think someone here would be shouting it from the rooftops.

ETA: Corrected spelling

Edited by sa1937

I googled it on the web. Looks like lots of complaints.

I don't know why the GI just said your colon is a twisted mess. See what you can find out yourself? You haven't healed your small intestine? He won't help you any further? A "miracle cure" pill isn't what you need. You need a new GI who knows what Celiac is.

okay....Let me get this straight...your GI doctor told YOU to do more research?? :blink: about what??

(ARRGH...for pete's sake!! )

You need a new doctor.

There is no magic bullet, I am afraid.

The only "cure" is a gluten-free diet and healing time. (And a doctor who knows what the hell he/she is talking about.)

Tell your GP this "doctor" is not knowledgeable about celiac and you need someone else right now to look at your endoscopy/colonoscopy test results and treat you properly.

DigestaCure looks like a gell cap of aloe and prebiotics (things the good gut bacteria need.) Shouldn't hurt and might help. Depends how much they charge for it.

If you've been ill for a while and your intestinal villi haven't recovered, you'll probably be having difficulty absorbing the nutrients you would need to heal. Are you taking any supplements?

Oh! I meant to say Hi! and, I'm new here too, but I went straight to look up DigestaCure. This is a great site, isn't it? I just found it, and while I wouldn't wish these problems on anyone, I'm still glad I'm not alone with all of this.