#1 Pamela48

Pamela48

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

Hi everyone,
I have been following this forum for over a year now and have finally decided to register. Your post have really helped me this last year. I was diagnosed in February of 2009 at the age of 48 after having spent 7 days in the hospital. My GP thought it was IBS so she sent me to a GI who said he wanted to do an endoscopy, he took several biospy and then was happy with the results he received at our local labs so he sent them on to the UCSF and they said most defintely celiac. When I went for my results I had never even heard of celiac, he handed me a paper that kind of explained it and said to not eat anything with gluten and that was it, so I did my own research and with the help of my wonderful husband and youngest daughter I have been gluten free since, however a year later I am still having problems, so my GP sent me to new GI who had just moved into our city and he decided to do another endo and my first colonoscopy and he discovered I have a very twisted colon and my small intestine has not healed, so he told me to do more research. That is why I decided to register and ask a question. A good friend of mine discovered this website about digestaqure and it says it has this pill you take that can heal your villi. So has anyone heard of this or tried it. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Once again all of your post have really helped me through this last year and when other family memebers don't understand what your going through, I have always come to this forum and you all understand.
Thank you for listen,
Pam

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sa1937

sa1937

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

I pulled up the DigestaQure website and came away feeling that if sounds too good to be true, it probably is. And I couldn't find anything about it on this forum. If it was that good, I think someone here would be shouting it from the rooftops.

ETA: Corrected spelling

Edited by sa1937, 16 June 2011 - 02:50 PM.

Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#3 kareng

kareng

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,653 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

I googled it on the web. Looks like lots of complaints.

I don't know why the GI just said your colon is a twisted mess. See what you can find out yourself? You haven't healed your small intestine? He won't help you any further? A "miracle cure" pill isn't what you need. You need a new GI who knows what Celiac is.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,373 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

okay....Let me get this straight...your GI doctor told YOU to do more research?? :blink: about what??
(ARRGH...for pete's sake!! )

You need a new doctor.

There is no magic bullet, I am afraid.
The only "cure" is a gluten-free diet and healing time. (And a doctor who knows what the hell he/she is talking about.)

Tell your GP this "doctor" is not knowledgeable about celiac and you need someone else right now to look at your endoscopy/colonoscopy test results and treat you properly.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5 Leli

Leli

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:47 PM

DigestaCure looks like a gell cap of aloe and prebiotics (things the good gut bacteria need.) Shouldn't hurt and might help. Depends how much they charge for it.

If you've been ill for a while and your intestinal villi haven't recovered, you'll probably be having difficulty absorbing the nutrients you would need to heal. Are you taking any supplements?
Dx allergic to wheat (among other things )as a child, but no change of diet.
Life-long crippling brain fog and fatigue, worse after eating.
Lovely son, born 19/3/01, developed gut and skin problems after vaccination.
Fully breastfed so I modified my diet, discovering an end to my brain fog,
and to his wheat and salicylate induced symptoms.
Diagnosed Aspergers, but more likely long-term gluten damage.
Antibodies to all grains, seeds, nuts, beans and pulses except rice.
Now also intolerant of salicylates, FODMAPS, egg.
Considering ketogenic diet to improve cognitive function.

#6 Leli

Leli

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

Oh! I meant to say Hi! and, I'm new here too, but I went straight to look up DigestaCure. This is a great site, isn't it? I just found it, and while I wouldn't wish these problems on anyone, I'm still glad I'm not alone with all of this.
Dx allergic to wheat (among other things )as a child, but no change of diet.
Life-long crippling brain fog and fatigue, worse after eating.
Lovely son, born 19/3/01, developed gut and skin problems after vaccination.
Fully breastfed so I modified my diet, discovering an end to my brain fog,
and to his wheat and salicylate induced symptoms.
Diagnosed Aspergers, but more likely long-term gluten damage.
Antibodies to all grains, seeds, nuts, beans and pulses except rice.
Now also intolerant of salicylates, FODMAPS, egg.
Considering ketogenic diet to improve cognitive function.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: