• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

viviendoparajesus

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

What is the difference between bumping and responding to an old post because it is interesting? Is it better not to reply to old posts? On another board, I did not know it was an issue and I was just so excited about what I read that I posted and the moderators deleted it. I do not want that to happen again, to get a warning, or get kicked off this fabulous board, so I thought I would ask to avoid having a problem. Thanks. :-D
Misdiagnosed - IBS, TMJ, eczema, KP, etc
Real Diagnosis - Gluten & Casein (milk protein) Intolerance, Cross Reactivity to Yeast & Buckwheat
Recommend: Tests: Entero Labs Gluten Sensitivity & Gene Testing
Books: * Allergies by Dr. Carolee Bateson-Koch (digestion, yeast, parasites, body pH...)
* Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms by Dr. Datis Kharrazian (gluten & autoimmune problems)
* Change Your Brain Change Your Life by Dr. Daniel Amen (foods, supplements...)
Supplements: * digestive enzymes, * probiotics (dairy free - Klaire Labs - Pro5)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,941 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:42 AM

What is the difference between bumping and responding to an old post because it is interesting? Is it better not to reply to old posts? On another board, I did not know it was an issue and I was just so excited about what I read that I posted and the moderators deleted it. I do not want that to happen again, to get a warning, or get kicked off this fabulous board, so I thought I would ask to avoid having a problem. Thanks. :-D

Responding to an old thread/post is fine--sometimes it's actually more efficient than starting more threads on the same subject. Keep in mind, though, that information can become outdated. "Bumping" a post just to keep calling attention to it is what we don't allow.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,598 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:49 AM

On the old threads, sometimes people are trying to respond to someone or ask a question of someone who posted 5 years ago. Also, ingredients, menus, etc might have changed. I think it's a great way to add a new bakery to a post about gluten-free food in Kansas City, for instance. Keeps all info about Kansas City in one place.

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

viviendoparajesus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

Misdiagnosed - IBS, TMJ, eczema, KP, etc
Real Diagnosis - Gluten & Casein (milk protein) Intolerance, Cross Reactivity to Yeast & Buckwheat
Recommend: Tests: Entero Labs Gluten Sensitivity & Gene Testing
Books: * Allergies by Dr. Carolee Bateson-Koch (digestion, yeast, parasites, body pH...)
* Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms by Dr. Datis Kharrazian (gluten & autoimmune problems)
* Change Your Brain Change Your Life by Dr. Daniel Amen (foods, supplements...)
Supplements: * digestive enzymes, * probiotics (dairy free - Klaire Labs - Pro5)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: