Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Coeliac Map

6 posts in this topic

I just discovered this little gem a couple of days ago.

www.coeliacmap.com

It's essentially an interactive map of gluten free venues which you can add to by adding venues of your own, and reviews of your own or other peoples venues.

It also works in conjunction with an Android phone app available for free on the android marketplace. The app allows you to do everything you can do on the website from the phone too. That is, review or add a venue, and search for venues nearby. It also uses your GPS to find out where you are and automatically provide you with a list of venues.

I used the app today in Edinburgh and it was a godsend as an instant source of reliable suggestions of where to go and eat or have a coffee etc. You can even navigate to it directly from the app itself. I even added a couple of places to the map whilst sitting in them, drinking my coffee and eating my lovely banana cake

I'd really recommend it to anyone with a gluten problem and I'd encourage you all ( in the UK ) to at least use the website ( it's obviously still in it's early stages but works fine ). It can only improve as more people use and add to the database, so get out there and get mapping venues!

There are a lot of venues listed in the rest of Europe too, and I think I spotted a couple down under, but it seems focussed on the UK just now, simply because of the location of the developer and the spelling of Coeliac in the marketplace. It doesn't seem to be restricted geographically at all so I'm sure if folks from opposite the pond to me ( :) ) used it, it would become one heck of a resource.

Ads by Google:

I've justed added my favourite local restaurant. Great idea! Thanks for making me aware of this.

Inn on the loch I take it? Sounds lovely :)

You're right!! The map is such a good idea and can only get better the more people that know about it and add to it. It'll certainly make life easier when out and about. :)

anyone know more in glasgow the two that they have r not ones i would go to.

I don't eat out much in Glasgow, but my daughter likes DiMaggios in Royal Exchange Square. It is very good for coeliacs. The first time we asked for gluten free, I heard the chef clap his hand and announce that as he was preparing gluten free meal no-one was to come into a certain part of the kitchen. He then asked to speak to the waiting staff for our table and informed them they did not take anything to the table which was not given to them by him.