Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Pelvic Pain

13 posts in this topic

I was diagnosed with celiac disease in this past March, and my symptoms have slowly been getting better. However, for the past week to 2 weeks, I've been having some pelvic pain, mainly on the left side, but sometimes on the right side too. I wouldn't say it's all that painful, it's more of just a dull ache, and in no way debilitating. It would come and go, except today, it's been there pretty much all day.

I was just wondering if anyone else experienced any pelvic pain after going gluten free. Could it possibly be gluten related?

I know that pelvic pain could be caused by a bunch of different things, so if it doesn't go away in a week or so, I'll go to the doctor and have it checked out.

Ads by Google:

I went through that a while ago, and the episode lasted nearly two months. I thought I had an ovarian cyst, but an ultrasound came up clean. Oddly enough, I figured out it was coconut causing it. I stopped eating and it went away. When I started eating it again, it came back. I'm not sure what exactly was going on (sorry, I can't be more helpful), but I hope you resolve your issue soon. It was pretty annoying and I began to wonder if something more serious was wrong.

I have pelvic pain and it was diagnosed as Interstitial cystitis - inflammation in the bladder. It is related to several autoimmune diseases including celiac disease. I was diagnosed by an Urologist but my gynecologist first did an ultrasound of the pelvic region to rule out other issues. Hope you can get to the bottom of it. I know it can be so uncomfortable! I like using a heating pad when it is most uncomfortable.

Take care

I went through that a while ago, and the episode lasted nearly two months. I thought I had an ovarian cyst, but an ultrasound came up clean. Oddly enough, I figured out it was coconut causing it. I stopped eating and it went away. When I started eating it again, it came back. I'm not sure what exactly was going on (sorry, I can't be more helpful), but I hope you resolve your issue soon. It was pretty annoying and I began to wonder if something more serious was wrong.

Thanks. This is really frustrating. I'm a hypochondriac, so I always assume the worst whenever I get weird symptoms. I'm trying to convince myself that I don't have ovarian cancer or something serious like that. It's just frustrating that the symptoms are almost exactly the same as those of celiac. I know deep down that most likely, I don't have cancer or anything serious, but I can't help it lol.

I'm going to go strictly whole foods only for a while and hopefully it goes away. Maybe I'm just eating something that has gluten in it. If it doesn't soon though, then I'll go to the doctor.

I went whole foods and it helped me a lot! It really helped me figure out foods that I cannot eat. Corn is one of my biggest problem foods. I ate very basic with only adding or taking away one food at a time. The longer you're gluten-free, you'll understand your body more. Well, that was so for me. I can now tell if I get CC or a food that I cannot digest well. I happen to have an overian cyst now and something wrong with my uterus(DX by ultrasound)

A year ago I probably could not have told you if it was gluten or what. Now I understand my body's reactions so much better. Hang in there!

Thanks. This is really frustrating. I'm a hypochondriac, so I always assume the worst whenever I get weird symptoms. I'm trying to convince myself that I don't have ovarian cancer or something serious like that. It's just frustrating that the symptoms are almost exactly the same as those of celiac. I know deep down that most likely, I don't have cancer or anything serious, but I can't help it lol.

I'm going to go strictly whole foods only for a while and hopefully it goes away. Maybe I'm just eating something that has gluten in it. If it doesn't soon though, then I'll go to the doctor.

I completely understand...I always assume the worse too. My theory as to what was going on is that the coconut was causing inflammation in my colon. I have no idea if that at all possible, but this in my crazy self-diagnosis. :rolleyes:

This is interesting... I too have been experiencing pelvis pain and what feels like colon spasms on my lower left side for the last 2 weeks. My appetite has also dropped off dramatically. Coconut never even crossed my mind! I introduced coconut oil into my diet around the same time the pain started up <_< . Guess I will cut the oil out and see if my pain disappears.

Every month at ovulation time, I have really bad pains. Everything in there tightens/spasms, and it hurts a lot. It makes me constipated until it goes away (lasts maybe around 5 days or so), and then I get very loose stools. I'm thinking of making a dr appt just to check it out. I am always thinking the worst too. I wonder if there's a huge tumor in there and at ovulation time, just gets bigger.

I was diagnosed with celiac disease in this past March, and my symptoms have slowly been getting better. However, for the past week to 2 weeks, I've been having some pelvic pain, mainly on the left side, but sometimes on the right side too. I wouldn't say it's all that painful, it's more of just a dull ache, and in no way debilitating. It would come and go, except today, it's been there pretty much all day.

I was just wondering if anyone else experienced any pelvic pain after going gluten free. Could it possibly be gluten related?

I know that pelvic pain could be caused by a bunch of different things, so if it doesn't go away in a week or so, I'll go to the doctor and have it checked out.

I've determined that it's probably just constipation due to not enough fibre. I started taking Metamucil and after a few, when the Metamucil started working, the pelvic pain went. I stopped taking the Metamucil for a few weeks and the pain and constipation came back. So I started taking Metamucil again, and once again, after a few days, it all went away. I guess I'm just going to have to take Metamucil everyday from now on. Oh well, at least I'm pretty sure I've figured it out.

I've been gluten free now for four weeks and am experiencing the most horrendous ovulation pain. I usually only get it for a few hours on the right hand side, but this time i have had it on the left hand side and it has lasted for nearly two days with no sign of abating. In addition I feel quite constipated, like the swelling there is stopping everything from moving! Luckily I have a doctor's appoint at the end of the week to see if he will allow me to take the Genova diagnostics Celiac panel as the IgA TTG showed up negative.

My uterine problems started at the same time as the celiac. Who knows why. I'm 5 weeks out of a hysterectomy. For me it was good. Hystersisters is a very good forum if you need help with pelvic issues, not just hysterectomys.

I get the same thing and that's usually a sure sign I've veen glutened. However I get ovarian cysts from time to tine too and those cause a similar pain. Whichever the cause a heating pad works wonders!

And don't feel bad about being "a bit of a hypochondriac" I think all of us that battled celiac for a long time before diagnosis were almost forced into that. For me it was a desperate search for what the heck was making me sick all the time. Celiac is the great mimicker and there are literally hundreds of symptoms it can have.