4 replies to this topic

#1 anewlife

anewlife

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:06 PM

I was making dinner for my parents and made stew with egg noodles. Not planning to eat any of it myself I didn't use gluten free product. What a mistake! The flour filled the air and I know I breathed it in. And then to top it off, I "tasted" a noodle to see if it was done. AARGH! After I swallowed it, panic slowly came over me. "Throw it up" my family cried. But alas I was stuck. The first night I seemed ok, just some bloating. But now two days later I still feel like I have the flu, headache, fatique, bloating, foggy brain, even a recurrence of interstatial cystitis. Does anyone know of anything that might help me recover from this poisoning or how long I can expect it to last? I have learned that I cannot cook with gluten, even if it is not for me! :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 eatmeat4good

eatmeat4good

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

That is exactly what happens to me..including the interstitial cystitis feelings. The first week is hell, the second week is better and it might all be gone if it wasn't a heavy glutening. The third week almost back to normal. A whole noodle is a whole month of recovering for me. But everyone's reaction time is different. You will have to learn by trial and error, but it sounds like a totally gluten free kitchen is a must. It was for me. Much less trace contamination since the whole kitchen is gluten free. It's amazing how little it takes. Good luck.
Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
--Hippocrates

#3 anewlife

anewlife

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:36 AM

That is exactly what happens to me..including the interstitial cystitis feelings. The first week is hell, the second week is better and it might all be gone if it wasn't a heavy glutening. The third week almost back to normal. A whole noodle is a whole month of recovering for me. But everyone's reaction time is different. You will have to learn by trial and error, but it sounds like a totally gluten free kitchen is a must. It was for me. Much less trace contamination since the whole kitchen is gluten free. It's amazing how little it takes. Good luck.

Thanks so much! I didn't know what to expect and this has been alittle frightening. I just realized I posted this in the wrong section! Should I repost? I would love to hear other's experiences. Thanks again?

#4 Hawthorn

Hawthorn

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

Does anyone know of anything that might help me recover from this poisoning or how long I can expect it to last?

I don't know that it makes a blind bit of difference, but after an accidental glutening I try to eat fairly bland, but nutritious foods, and water......lots of water. For some reason glutening makes me really thirsty.

It normally takes a couple of weeks for me to feel relatively normal again after an accident, but I guess this is really a 'how long is a piece of string' question.

I hope you feel better soon :)

#5 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

That's a big glutening. It takes me a month to get over a small Cc incident. maybe longer sometimes. Could be I'll meet you in a retirement home some day still talking about your big noodle glutening of 2011. LOL :)

Well, to be more serious, lots of water, check,
milk of magnesia if your having C, check,
Pepto Bismol if you are having pain, check,
Bland foods for a few weeks, check,
No dairy, check,
No soy, check,
L-glutamine for gut healing, check,
gluten-free house, check,
charcoal pills, maybe,
DPP-4, maybe helps,
selenium, maybe helps,
marshmallow root pills, check,
okra, check,
no spicy foods, check,
lots of rest, check,
no processed foods for a month, check,
aspirin for pain, check, if you can handle it,
Wine for pain, ok at night I think, check,
Eat only home cooked food from whole ingredients for a month, check,

Live longer and get smarter, check.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: