Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Kiwis?

3 posts in this topic

Ki Ora =]

I see there's a post below for NZers and Aussies, but it's super long!

I'm wondering if there are any Kiwis here and what your highly recommended gluten-free products are?

Ads by Google:

Ki Ora =]

I see there's a post below for NZers and Aussies, but it's super long!

I'm wondering if there are any Kiwis here and what your highly recommended gluten-free products are?

Yes, there are a few of us here, pbp. Most come and go, but I go on forever :D Although I have to admit to being currently in Nevada, taking a break from "the shake" in ChCh and soaking up some sun instead of shivering in silt and rubble :o

Products I use include Venerdi's bread (only toasted) and breadcrumbs, also BakeWorks bread, and their biscuits are to die for but again, very expensive. They are my "treat" biscuits. I like the KidzEats apricot and also chocolate biscuits (you can tell I have a sweet tooth :P). I use the Orgran self-rising flour but a lot of the gluten-free foods I can't have because they contain either soy or potato starch. I do a lot of my own baking and have not been cross-contaminated at my local Bin Inn.

My favourite snack to cart around with me if I get hungry (this is NOT good on a hot day!!) :lol: is Choco Sesamini wafers by Rapunzel. I have also found an occasional store that sells LaraBars which are very nutritious and my go-to take along food over here. One of the places that carries them is Liberty Market - I don't know if they are specific to ChCh or are in other places - they are an organic food store and carry a lot of imported goodies - again, makes a dent in your pocket book! They have a wide range of different pastas like Tinkyada (really good), de Boles, etc.

I eat Orgran pastas quite happily but don't use the Basco products because of the potato starch.

Welcome to our community :)

Thanks for your reply! =]

I'm from Dunedin! I don't blame you getting away from CHCH. I've got family there and they're barely coping.

I have to say, I haven't tried any of the things you recommended except the Vendini (sp?) bread. I thought it was pretty bad lol. I usually get Pure Bread Young Buck (it's the best, but hard to get in the South Island) or Burgen.

Thanks and I hope you're enjoying your time away!

=]