Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Butter Replacement

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows of an alternative to butter that does not contain - gluten, soy or dairy? If it's a lost cause, can you give me ideas on:

How to flavor my veggies so they are a little more enticing

How to replace butter in recipes appropriately/ get over not being able to eat buttery things

Any tips appreciated, even if it is "Suck it up, Buttercup!"

Ads by Google:

Coconut oil works well in bakery that's not too finicky or in recipes written for it.

I used olive or peanut oil on the stovetop. Sesame oil can also add a little elan, as does walnut oil if you just want a little fat on them. If you've got specific foods/recipes, we'll have better ideas.

i.e. grean beans = great with sesame oil, spinach = wonderful with olive oil and garlic, etc

-->if you don't want to bother with herbs/spices, you can make yourself a couple little bottles of infused oils or vinegars to use on your regular veg.

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows of an alternative to butter that does not contain - gluten, soy or dairy? If it's a lost cause, can you give me ideas on:

How to flavor my veggies so they are a little more enticing

How to replace butter in recipes appropriately/ get over not being able to eat buttery things

Any tips appreciated, even if it is "Suck it up, Buttercup!"

Check out Earth Balance, Buttercup! ;):D

http://www.earthbalancenatural.com/#/nutritional-benefits/allergies/

I thought I answered this topic already, what happened to my response?

ETA: Oh, never mind, it was a similar thread yesterday:

Hope those answers help you some. :)

I thought I answered this topic already, what happened to my response?

ETA: Oh, never mind, it was a similar thread yesterday: http://www.celiac.co...ter-substitute/

Hope those answers help you some. :)

That's what I get for being a little lazy today. I briefly thought about searching for a similar post but couldn't be bothered... and my veg had already been tossed in the pot. Yes, those answered did help. I am wondering now if the Earth Farm? (bad memory....) soy free replacement is available in Canada, the website seemed to be for the US.

I used Almond Milk to help stick the herbs to my cauliflower and broccoli- it was actually quite nice.

ahem... Earth Balance.... hehehe.

So, it seems like I will be going on a hunt for flavorful oils, herbs, spices and Earth Balance soy free spread.

That's what I get for being a little lazy today. I briefly thought about searching for a similar post but couldn't be bothered... and my veg had already been tossed in the pot. Yes, those answered did help. I am wondering now if the Earth Farm? (bad memory....) soy free replacement is available in Canada, the website seemed to be for the US.

I used Almond Milk to help stick the herbs to my cauliflower and broccoli- it was actually quite nice.

No worries! I was just really confused because I thoguht I had answered and my answer was not in the thread. That will teach me to read who is asking the question! :lol:

ahem... Earth Balance.... hehehe.

So, it seems like I will be going on a hunt for flavorful oils, herbs, spices and Earth Balance soy free spread.

MAKE sure you get the SOY FREE Earth Balance -it is the RED tub. :) Hubby does the shopping (what a doll, I know) and made a boo-boo with the wrong EB and had to bring it back :(

BTW...you gave one of my favorite answers to a question about CC and people who do not believe it's possible--you said to pick your nose and wipe the boogers and then put your finger in the dip--that was you, right? That was AWESOME!!! :lol:

Ten thumbs up for Earth Balance...soy,dairy,gluten free, in the red and yellow container. It costs about $4.49 for a 15 oz. container. I use it all the time for baking and on vegetables. Before this product became available, I used coconut oil on veggies, and still do from time to time, especially on corn on the cob. I don't miss margarine at all.