Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Constant Twitching Calf Muscle! Does Anyone Have This?!

5 posts in this topic

several parts of my calf muscle "twitch" constantly.. pretty much all day long. It's not the whole muscle, but several little parts of the muscle. Does that make sense? Is that a vitamin deficiancy? I'm a runner (or was one) but this, coupled with really bad muscle cramps, have taken me from running 4 miles/day to running 1 mile a day if I'm lucky. Does anyone know what I can do about the leg cramps and all day long muscle twitching? Is there a specific vitamin that I'm lacking?

Ads by Google:

Question and possible solution.

Q: What is your caffeine intake daily. Could be the culprit.

PS: Try a half of banana (my fraternity brother is a doctor and this happened to me and he suggested this solution. Said that I was potassium deficient)

My chronic pain management doctor put me on magnesium glycinate 900-1800 mg per day (mega dose) three months ago for chronic pain/muscle spasms/fibromyalgia and the difference in my calf spasms is definitely noticeable. I no longer need get up at night to stretch my calves. :) My chiro also recommended I try magnesium glycinate as well as malic acid.

Agreed...Bananas help A LOT! I can tell when I don't have any in the house. I do not have caffeine as it plays opposite affects on me (sleepy and migraines!) so I know it has nothing to do with caffeine, but I would definitely try bananas...they go along way.

Bananas, potatoes with the skins, and avocados all help......had lots of problems with it myself!