3 replies to this topic

#1 Mummyto3

Mummyto3

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

Its D-day tomorrow for my daughter. She's an emotional wreck this morning. Well, she's like it all the time but more so this morning. I've tried my best to calm her down and talk about whats going to happen. She asked me something I hadn't thought about, when the camera goes down into her intestine, how do they go about getting the biopsies? Does something else go down with the camera?

Also, how were your children on biopsy day?
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

Its D-day tomorrow for my daughter. She's an emotional wreck this morning. Well, she's like it all the time but more so this morning. I've tried my best to calm her down and talk about whats going to happen. She asked me something I hadn't thought about, when the camera goes down into her intestine, how do they go about getting the biopsies? Does something else go down with the camera?

Also, how were your children on biopsy day?

this link should answers her questions.

My link
My endoscopy was one of the easiest test I have ever had done. I slept thur mine,after I went home took a nap and then had lunch.I had no pain not even a sore throat.

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#3 MissBonnie

MissBonnie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:20 AM

i was a wreck on my biopsy day and it was such a bulid up over nothing idont remember the entire precedure!

#4 Cara in Boston

Cara in Boston

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:13 AM

Both my sons (6 and 8) had one recently and honestly, they had a great time. Younger son went first, several months ago and when he got home, what he described made older son jealous. Turns out, months later, older son needed one too so he got his turn.

They went to Children's Hospital and the staff was wonderful. They played video games until it was time to get started. They picked what "flavor" they wanted for the gas and they were out like a light. They were wheeled into the proceedure room after they were asleep and then wheeled back so they don't remember a thing.

They also felt great - just a little hungry - when it was all over. When I had mine, I was groggy for the entire day. Both boys were perfectly fine when they got home.

The hardest part was not eating breakfast.

Cara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: