Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Biopsy Tomorrow

4 posts in this topic

Its D-day tomorrow for my daughter. She's an emotional wreck this morning. Well, she's like it all the time but more so this morning. I've tried my best to calm her down and talk about whats going to happen. She asked me something I hadn't thought about, when the camera goes down into her intestine, how do they go about getting the biopsies? Does something else go down with the camera?

Also, how were your children on biopsy day?

Ads by Google:

Its D-day tomorrow for my daughter. She's an emotional wreck this morning. Well, she's like it all the time but more so this morning. I've tried my best to calm her down and talk about whats going to happen. She asked me something I hadn't thought about, when the camera goes down into her intestine, how do they go about getting the biopsies? Does something else go down with the camera?

Also, how were your children on biopsy day?

this link should answers her questions.

My link

My endoscopy was one of the easiest test I have ever had done. I slept thur mine,after I went home took a nap and then had lunch.I had no pain not even a sore throat.

i was a wreck on my biopsy day and it was such a bulid up over nothing idont remember the entire precedure!

Both my sons (6 and 8) had one recently and honestly, they had a great time. Younger son went first, several months ago and when he got home, what he described made older son jealous. Turns out, months later, older son needed one too so he got his turn.

They went to Children's Hospital and the staff was wonderful. They played video games until it was time to get started. They picked what "flavor" they wanted for the gas and they were out like a light. They were wheeled into the proceedure room after they were asleep and then wheeled back so they don't remember a thing.

They also felt great - just a little hungry - when it was all over. When I had mine, I was groggy for the entire day. Both boys were perfectly fine when they got home.

The hardest part was not eating breakfast.

Cara