This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Help Please!

vanik

vanik Newbie

Hi All,

I was diagnosed a few years ago with a positive biopsy and blood work. I havent been strict with my diet as i really dont have any major side effects.. until now. I have had severe bloating, diahria, pain (stabby pain) in my stomach and im nauseous. I'm debating if i should go to the dr or even the hospital if i cant get into to see my dr. This has been going on since friday so 4 days now. I know its all due to my celiac but do you think they can do anything to help. This is defintely a lesson learned and will NEVER eat gluten again. I'm so sick. What should i do?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cahill Collaborator

Hi All,

I was diagnosed a few years ago with a positive biopsy and blood work. I havent been strict with my diet as i really dont have any major side effects.. until now. I have had severe bloating, diahria, pain (stabby pain) in my stomach and im nauseous. I'm debating if i should go to the dr or even the hospital if i cant get into to see my dr. This has been going on since friday so 4 days now. I know its all due to my celiac but do you think they can do anything to help. This is defintely a lesson learned and will NEVER eat gluten again. I'm so sick. What should i do?

I would go to the doctor or ER, just to make sure nothing else is going on.

THEN I WOULD GO TOTALLY GLUTEN FREE!!

fairydust81 Rookie

I would definitely seek medical advice from your doctor, especially if the pain is unbearable. If anything, they'll hopefully be able to give you something to help ease the pain and discomfort in your abdomen.

I also agree with the post above - this is your body's way of telling you it really doesn't like gluten, especially with the positive bloods etc....you never know what damage is going on internally and what it can lead to in later life...

I'm newly diagnosed and it's a steep learning curve, I'm awaiting a biopsy before I go gluten free and I know it's going to be very difficult.....

Hope you start to feel better soon

Skylark Collaborator

I hope you got some medical help by now. If you ate a bunch of gluten, there won't be a lot doctors can do for you, but it's important to be sure it is the celiac and not something else.

I find Pepto-Bismol helpful for the nausea and stomachache and I usually take Immodium for diarrhea. Also drink lots of water to help detox and stay hydrated. I've been told to drink half-strength Gatorade (it's gluten-free) to rehydrate from diarrhea. The sugar helps too if I'm too queasy to want food. Once I'm feeling a little better I have some white rice and broth or a little applesauce. Some people take L-glutamine to help healing, and I find a little extra B12 and fish oil helps the anxiety attacks I get from gluten.

erinecox Contributor

It really sucks to know that you've had the information all this time and haven't used it and now you're sick because of that. I don't say that to be condescending. I did the exact same thing and could kick myself. I'm now knocking on the diabetic door (still testing, probably T1) and I know it's MY fault b/c I kept eating gluten for 2.5yrs after my diagnosis b/c I never had the intestinal problems from it. Just bone pain that I'd had forever so I was just used to it.

I hope you're feeling better by now and are on your way to being gluten-free!!

Archived