Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Simple Drop Biscuit Recipe

6 posts in this topic

In the old days, :~)when I could use self-rising flour I made drop biscuits using self-rising flour, canola oil and milk and had the best biscuits with sausage gravy.

Now, all I can find are recipes using crisco/marg/butter.

I'm lazy. Would anyone have a recipe similar to the one I used to use. Thanks bunches.

Ads by Google:

In the old days, :~)when I could use self-rising flour I made drop biscuits using self-rising flour, canola oil and milk and had the best biscuits with sausage gravy.

Now, all I can find are recipes using crisco/marg/butter.

I'm lazy. Would anyone have a recipe similar to the one I used to use. Thanks bunches.

Living Without magazine has a list of substitutions and gluten-free flour blands including one for self-rising flour. You could try your own recipe to see how it works with this blend (you'll probably have to add xanthan gum).

Here's also a recipe from their website for Buttermilk Biscuits

I have a good biscuit recipe, but they are not drop biscuits. You pat the dough out and cut them out with a glass. Every drop biscuit recipe I have tried, gluten-free, has not turned out tasting or looking very good. One thing that has helped me is to read the comments under the online recipes to see how the recipe turned out for others.

I have a good biscuit recipe, but they are not drop biscuits. You pat the dough out and cut them out with a glass. Every drop biscuit recipe I have tried, gluten-free, has not turned out tasting or looking very good. One thing that has helped me is to read the comments under the online recipes to see how the recipe turned out for others.

I always read the comments, too...many times good suggestions are given that I would never have thought of.

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions.

Living Without magazine has a list of substitutions and gluten-free flour blands including one for self-rising flour. You could try your own recipe to see how it works with this blend (you'll probably have to add xanthan gum).

Here's also a recipe from their website for Buttermilk Biscuits

Checked out the site. Thanks so much. Many questions answered and I'm sure it will make life simpler.