7 replies to this topic

#1 Bex1391

Bex1391

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

I began with rather abit of blood coating my stools about 4 months ago, it was only that much once and since then its only been a small bit. I spoke to my doctor who sent me for blood tests straight away 3 months ago. I tested positive for coeliacs. Still waiting for results from endoscopy but dr said my small intestines look fine. (not had biopsies back yet). Regardless of this he says because of highly positive blood test he will be diagnosing me with coeliacs. I have been gluten free for 2 weeks and am still having a small amouny of blood on the surface of my stools every other day, like a small line. My GP is still saying this coeliacs. But should it still be happening every other day after 2 weeks?! Has anyone else had anything like this? Or blood in stools at all. Im only 20 and very worried so would be nice to hear if anyone has had anything like this.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 beachbirdie

beachbirdie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

I began with rather abit of blood coating my stools about 4 months ago, it was only that much once and since then its only been a small bit. I spoke to my doctor who sent me for blood tests straight away 3 months ago. I tested positive for coeliacs. Still waiting for results from endoscopy but dr said my small intestines look fine. (not had biopsies back yet). Regardless of this he says because of highly positive blood test he will be diagnosing me with coeliacs. I have been gluten free for 2 weeks and am still having a small amouny of blood on the surface of my stools every other day, like a small line. My GP is still saying this coeliacs. But should it still be happening every other day after 2 weeks?! Has anyone else had anything like this? Or blood in stools at all. Im only 20 and very worried so would be nice to hear if anyone has had anything like this.

Is the blood fresh and bright?

Has anyone told you whether you have perhaps a hemorrhoid or fissure or possibly diverticulosis? I have experienced the stripe of blood, never been sure if it's the little internal hemorrhoid they found, or related to diverticulosis. Are you getting plenty of fiber/fresh fruits and veggies? Not necessarily saying that is what you have, it is just one possibility. I'm definitely not a medical professional, just offering one more thing to think about.

beachbirdie
1999 - Hypothyroid
2003 - Hashimoto's Disease
2008 - Diverticulitis
2009 - Significant Vit D Deficiency
2011 - Diverticulitis again
2011 - HLA-DQ2.2
2012 - TtG IgG positive... I am now, finally, Gluten Free - 5/16/2012

#3 maximoo

maximoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:42 PM

Have you had a colonscopy? if you haven't had one I would ask Dr to order one.

#4 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,791 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

Have you had a colonscopy? if you haven't had one I would ask Dr to order one.

I agree strongly with this. Chances are it is hemmies but you really want to find out for sure.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#5 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

I had blood in the stool also. It stopped after I Was gluten free a while. I also had black stool which is said to be caused by blood.

Since you have only been gluten free for 2 weeks it is not surprising that you aren't completely healed. Especially since it is fairly common for people new to the diet to make mistakes and not realize they are eating gluten. Gluten can be found in lots of processed foods and is not always easy to identify. It is good to stick with a whole foods diet when starting out, and also to drop dairy and soy for a few months.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#6 Bex1391

Bex1391

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

It is fresh and bright, im trying to eat more fibre now as i have suffered with constipation for a long time. What exactly is a whole foods diet? Im going to ask for a colonoscopy too I think! Thanks for everyones input :)

#7 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,791 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:30 AM

It is fresh and bright, im trying to eat more fibre now as i have suffered with constipation for a long time. What exactly is a whole foods diet? Im going to ask for a colonoscopy too I think! Thanks for everyones input :)

Whole foods are simply foods that have not been processed or single ingredient foods. Fresh meats, fish, chicken, eggs, fresh or single ingredient frozen fruits and veggies, potatoes, plain and wild rice are examples of whole foods.
Your tummy may tolerate cooked veggies and fruits the easiest at first and if you haven't been eating a lot of fruits and veggies increase them slowly. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of both soluable and insoluable fiber if you like them.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#8 Bex1391

Bex1391

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

Thank you I will try that, if im completely honest the blood started about 9 years ago but used to just be on the tissue now and again when i wiped, got worse over the years not sure if its the same thing though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: