9 replies to this topic

#1 sb2178

sb2178

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:59 PM

Anybody got any suggestions? Tuna is barely interesting, and only earns a mouthful. Mackerel, salmon treats, and chicken broth didn't even get interest. Chicken breast is currently cooking, so that's on the list.

I think we're off to the vet er in the morning... as our vet can't do an ultrasound for two weeks. It feels absurd, but oh well.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable
3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG
4/2010 Negative biopsy
5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)
5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

Baby food, meat flavored.

NO ONIONS OR GARLIC
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#3 rosetapper23

rosetapper23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:37 PM

I second that suggestion--chicken or turkey baby food.

#4 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,790 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:59 AM

My kitties wouldn't touch baby food well or sick. Hopefully the cooked chicken worked. Some will also find some cooked ground beef tasty. I don't usually get the real pricey little bitty cans of cat food for my kitties so when my kitty was ill last year some of those were appealing to her. Hopefully the doctors have figured out what is wrong by now and she is on her way to feeling better. Once they know what is wrong there are meds that the vet can give to increase her appetite.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#5 sb2178

sb2178

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Sadly, the ultrasound revealed what was likely an unexpected intestinal lymphoma meets hairball blockage; nothing had indicated that could be the problem so the ER vet was surprised. I ended up putting her down, as her overall geriatric/low bp despite fluids/jaundice status was not so great for surgery outcomes, and it seemed like the surgery would be really invasive for not much gain as apparently the lymphomas tend be quite widepread. The surgery was waaaay out of my budget, too.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable
3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG
4/2010 Negative biopsy
5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)
5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

#6 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,308 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:25 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Sadly, the ultrasound revealed what was likely an unexpected intestinal lymphoma meets hairball blockage; nothing had indicated that could be the problem so the ER vet was surprised. I ended up putting her down, as her overall geriatric/low bp despite fluids/jaundice status was not so great for surgery outcomes, and it seemed like the surgery would be really invasive for not much gain as apparently the lymphomas tend be quite widepread. The surgery was waaaay out of my budget, too.

I'm sorry!. I thought about your kitty today & hoped she would be OK. Sounds like you did the right thing. Even if the surgery was free, doesn't sound like a good idea.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#7 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:35 PM

So sorry :( I know how hard it is to make the right decision for our furry babies.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#8 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,790 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:39 AM

I am so sorry about your loss. It is a hard decision to make, as I know all too well.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#9 rosetapper23

rosetapper23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

I'm so sad for you! When you mentioned the problem with your kitty, I wondered if it was an intestinal lymphoma. I lost a precious kitty to the same disease a few years ago. My heart goes out to you...

#10 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:41 PM

Sorry to hear that! I lost my cat a few months back but we have since adpoted a mom and baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: