5 replies to this topic

#1 okieinalaska

okieinalaska

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

I bought this book on Saturday and finally had time (and ingredients) to make a batch of cupcakes.

I am in heaven, I just made the snickerdoodle cupcakes and used store bought vanilla icing. The texture and flavor are wonderful! I don't feel like I am eating a gluten free cupcake. I really like this book because it not only has cupcake recipes but also a few extras like a gluten free snickerdoodle cookie recipe.

The basic gluten-free flour mix they use has brown rice flour, sorghum flour, potato flour, potato starch, cornstarch, xantham gum...
I found all the ingredients easily except for potato flour but I used extra brown rice flour instead. Potato flour and potato starch flour is not the same thing btw. I was able to find Swan brand potato starch flour which is starch (not flour even though it's in the name). I did read where you can take instant potato flakes and grind them to make potato flour but just didn't want to bother with that.

Anyway, wanted to share my new find. : )
Amy in Alaska
Gluten Hit Girl

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Maggie Mermaid

Maggie Mermaid

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

Is this from "Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking" cookbook by Kelli Bronski and Peter Bronski?
Enlarged thyroid with nodules and Hashimoto's diagnosed 2007. Self-diagnosed as gluten-intolerant.

Husband is gluten-intolerant, also self-diagnosed, suffered from severe eczema which has largely disappeared since avoiding wheat, corn, tomatoes, tree nuts.

#3 okieinalaska

okieinalaska

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:29 PM

Is this from "Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking" cookbook by Kelli Bronski and Peter Bronski?

Pretty sure it's the same people but different book. This one is all cupcakes and has a cupcake on the cover. Is it ok to post a link?
Amy in Alaska
Gluten Hit Girl

#4 Maggie Mermaid

Maggie Mermaid

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:18 AM

Yep, same people, different cookbook. It looks awesome! Maybe I need to pretend I didn't hear about it? :D Their recipes in the cookbook were really good.
Enlarged thyroid with nodules and Hashimoto's diagnosed 2007. Self-diagnosed as gluten-intolerant.

Husband is gluten-intolerant, also self-diagnosed, suffered from severe eczema which has largely disappeared since avoiding wheat, corn, tomatoes, tree nuts.

#5 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:04 AM

Pretty sure it's the same people but different book. This one is all cupcakes and has a cupcake on the cover. Is it ok to post a link?

Yes, please :)
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#6 okieinalaska

okieinalaska

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

I took a bunch to work because I had NO self control on these and no one would have known they were gluten free if I hadn't told them.

Ok, I tried to add the link but it got all wonky and when I check it it said "company name removed because they spammed the forum"? sorry.
Amy in Alaska
Gluten Hit Girl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: