4 replies to this topic

#1 Pyro

Pyro

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:31 AM

Brain fog has always been a problem but lately it's been getting out of control. I haven't felt incredibly normal and symptom free for awhile but lately it seems like I went from a sniffly sinus infection with somewhat puffy eyes (plant allergies?) to occasional to frequent dizziness to now where I feel really REALLY stupid & spacey. Extra rest, de-stressing, leafy greens, more eggs, isotonic drinks, stricter watch on my food for cc, etc hasn't done much to stop it and I might see my doctor if it really gets worse and or doesn't clear up any soon.

Head is so spacey and.... uh..... whatnot that it really is making me sad and worried. Like I'm too slow and confused to deal with normal crap anymore. On a side note my stomach has been refusing to "go back" and it feels like a huge block of something has been in my intestines at my left hip for awhile now. Won't go away even if I go a lot. My sleep has been odd too. Of course everyone sleeps in at some point, but I've been doing it so often now. My alarm will go off @ 7:30 then next thing I know I'll be up at 9 or even 10:15 like today. I RARELY ever wake up over 20 minutes late unless I wanted to sleep in.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

I'm sorry you are feeling so awful. If you are sure that you have nothing that could be glutening you it sounds like it is time to visit the doctor and get things checked out just to be on the safe side. Hope your feeling better soon.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 GFshay

GFshay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:21 PM

It sounds like your body is trying to tell you things aren't too good. If you were just feeling foggy, I'd suggest having more protein in your diet and being sure to exercise regularly (that helped me a lot). But if you're feeling a blockage or something, definitely time to go to the doctor. I wonder if that might be part of your fog-- it happens to some of us if we're fighting off something that's not too healthy for us, like an infection.
Positive blood test on several indicators Aug '10
Visual damage seen via endoscopy Oct '10
Diagnosed Celiac with "3B" damage via positive biopsy Oct '10

Gluten Free since 10/9/10

#4 Medusa

Medusa

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:34 AM

Poor thing! That's horrible. :( Have you had your thyroid activity checked lately? How certain can you be about cc - some people are incredibly sensitive to even tiny amounts of gluten, maybe you are one of them? (Sharing a teflon coated pan with a non gluten-free cook could be enough).

I tend to agree with the others - time to get checked up by a doctor, if only to rule out all the possibilities you are probably worrying about. Hope you get better soon.

#5 Chama-tan

Chama-tan

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:53 AM

I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad!!
Even though I've been gluten/lactose free for over 2 1/2 years, I've had recurring problems exactly like what you describe. It actually got so bad I had to quit my job, quit school and move back home with my parents. I have no insurance so I've been trying to figure it out myself. Anyone else's suggestions could be just as valid, but of course you really do want to see a doctor for the final word!!
I think in MY case, I have a corn allergy I had no idea about! I had forgotten my sister was tested and diagnosed with a corn allergy and Celiac disease, because she stopped following her proper diet when she enlisted in the military. (Very sick because of it, too...) So, it just left my mind, the corn thing. I don't think it would hurt to do a little bit of research with the energy you can spare and figure out some things you eat with corn in them? In the past, I drank a lot of soda with high fructose corn syrup and I think that made me INSANE... the mixture of the corn allergy and the caffeine kicker... oh, man. Please look into it! You would probably know really quick if you started feeling better, so it can't hurt to try, then go to the doctor whether you get a result or not.

Brain fog has always been a problem but lately it's been getting out of control. I haven't felt incredibly normal and symptom free for awhile but lately it seems like I went from a sniffly sinus infection with somewhat puffy eyes (plant allergies?) to occasional to frequent dizziness to now where I feel really REALLY stupid & spacey. Extra rest, de-stressing, leafy greens, more eggs, isotonic drinks, stricter watch on my food for cc, etc hasn't done much to stop it and I might see my doctor if it really gets worse and or doesn't clear up any soon.

Head is so spacey and.... uh..... whatnot that it really is making me sad and worried. Like I'm too slow and confused to deal with normal crap anymore. On a side note my stomach has been refusing to "go back" and it feels like a huge block of something has been in my intestines at my left hip for awhile now. Won't go away even if I go a lot. My sleep has been odd too. Of course everyone sleeps in at some point, but I've been doing it so often now. My alarm will go off @ 7:30 then next thing I know I'll be up at 9 or even 10:15 like today. I RARELY ever wake up over 20 minutes late unless I wanted to sleep in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: