#1 challengeaccepted

challengeaccepted

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:24 PM

Anyone ever tried Frankie's?

Its in Uxbridge, just a bit northeast of the Greater Toronto Area.
They have french press style teas and coffees served table side, as well as over 3 dozen different alcohol choices, including some fantastic wines. Its almost all locally sourced when in season and they have been getting great accolades from the Celiac Society. They also own and serve some amazing things from Frankie's Bakery, which is just down the street. Things like sticky toffee pudding and an amazing carrot cake.

Worth a drive if you live near it. Its a completely gluten and nut free restaurant, so no special menu. Its fun to order and not have to explain anything. On their website is the story of how Frankie's came to be, including many family members with multiple allergies. Its a great story and such a positive way to overcome.

We go about once a month, its not crazily priced and their panini's are unbelievable. My favourite so far was the three cheese panini, and the chocolate mint gelato. I also had some amazing wine there from Spain.

The atmosphere is like a pretty bistro, with a chalkboard posting some desserts and specials.

Anywho, I am rambling. Just excited, its been 4 months since I found them and I am still impressed :-)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ElseB

ElseB

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

I love Frankies too, expecially the paninis. I live in Toronto but we try to go a few times a year. Have you been to the bakery too? The butter tart squares are amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: