arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Could 6 Or 7 Yr Old Have It With Not Lots Of Symptoms?

• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

#1 mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:24 PM

They are tall. DD has broken her arm twice and her finger and ds has broken his leg once. Could it be their bones are not as strong? They are both extremely hyper. DD is moody and always and I mean alway hungry. She says she feels like she is going to die. Drama queen. Ds has semifrequent stomach aches. They have both had on and off diahhreah the last 2 months. They have been playing with a lot of frogs in dirty water. They don't drink it but maybe they ingested some. I don't know if these sound like anything, but please let me know.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:22 AM

Interesting. My daughter has broken her arm three times in the same place and her thumb once. She is tall. She doesn't have celiac but food allergies including wheat. What does it all mean? I don't know.

#3 mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:34 AM

It is interesting. Just wondered if anyone knew. I've got an apt. for them to get tested Aug 15.

#4 T.H.

T.H.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:28 PM

It's one of the frustrating things about this stupid disease sometimes - so many symptoms that it COULD be, but might not.

My daughter and myself, both diagnosed - tall (and I've had this over 20 years, and started in childhood), our bad bones are our teeth, and very moody (Drama Queen is my daughter's middle name).

So, yeah...could be. Good that you're being tested. And if the tests are negative, but you have no answers, it might be worth your while to try the diet anyway, just to see.

T.H.

Gluten free since August 10, 2009.
21 years with undiagnosed Celiac Disease

23 years with undiagnosed sulfite sensitivity

25 years with undiagnosed mast cell activation disorder (MCAD) 

Daughter: celiac and MCAD positive

Son: gluten intolerant
Father, brother: celiac positive

#5 Medusa

Medusa

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:04 AM

Nobody ever got sick from gluten deficiency. :) Try the diet and see if it helps! Wait until after the tests though, since they are so soon anyway and going gluten-free now would mess them up according to the medics. A gluten-free diet is worth trying anyway though, even if you don't get a diagnosis - see all the other posts on these forums about that issue!

One of my kids is tall, very strongly built, the other petite and slim - not sure there's any correlation there. The eldest did break both bones in her forearm really badly jumping off a kitchen chair and landing on the concrete floor though (pre diagnosis). One bone snapped, the other shattered and bent like a banana. The surgeon had never seen anything like it. Looking back, I don't think it was coincidence. Both kids have terrible teeth. So does their dad and his (untested gluten-free sceptic) sister and mother. Hope that helps!

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: