7 replies to this topic

#1 mtbrown

mtbrown

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:32 PM

My 9 year old daughter is looking for a pen pal who also has Celiac Disease. She is nine years old and was diagnosed 8 years ago. We live in the upper midwest and look forward to her sharing her experiences with someone just like her.

Thanx

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 CourtneyLee

CourtneyLee

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:55 AM

I'm 17.. But I live in Australia :(

courtney xo

#3 eatmeat4good

eatmeat4good

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:04 PM

y'all could still be penpals!
Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
--Hippocrates

#4 concernedmamma

concernedmamma

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

I suggest posting this in the parents of kids/children with Celiac Forum!! :)
Kim
Son1-lifelong diarrhea and generally unwell. Diagnosed March 2010 with positive blood work end endoscopy-finally feeling better August 2011
Son2-Diagnosed August2011 Bloodwork only.
Me-Positive bloodwork October 2011, Endoscopy booked November 15th.
Daughter1-no symptoms, negative bloodwork twice
Daugher 2- no symptoms, no bloodwork yet.

#5 domesticactivist

domesticactivist

Kitchen Liberator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:57 PM

My som is 11 and might be interested. I'll ask him when he is back from his dad's.
Our family is transitioning off the GAPS Intro Diet and into the Full GAPS Diet.
Gluten-Free since November 2010
GAPS Diet since January/February 2011
me - not tested for celiac - currently doing a gluten challenge since 11/26/2011
partner - not tested for celiac
ds - age 11, hospitalized 9/2010, celiac dx by gluten reaction & genetics. No biopsy or blood as we were already gluten-free by the time it was an option.
dd - age 12.5, not celiac, has Tourette's syndome
both kids have now-resolved attention issues.

#6 domesticactivist

domesticactivist

Kitchen Liberator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:58 PM

Gresham, stupid phone. My son is almost 11
Our family is transitioning off the GAPS Intro Diet and into the Full GAPS Diet.
me - not tested for celiac - currently doing a gluten challenge since 11/26/2011
ds - age 11, hospitalized 9/2010, celiac dx by gluten reaction & genetics. No biopsy or blood as we were already gluten-free by the time it was an option.

#7 domesticactivist

domesticactivist

Kitchen Liberator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:58 PM

Damn you autocorrect! I guess this means it's time for bed!

#8 viviendoparajesus

viviendoparajesus

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

i am probably too old to be her pen pal. but i would like to share my experience with her . i was diagnosed last year. i was so sad and angry i had to suffer so long (twenty some years). i am so relieved that i can feel better by eating the right stuff and that i was right all these years that something was wrong. i wish i had never had gluten. i imagine it could be awkward to be a gluten-free kid since society is so gluten obsessed and addicted to it but it would have felt great to know i could have a high quality of life and not be sick and jeopardize my health by just being gluten-free. if i had never have it i would not know "what i am missing" or had to "give up." i wish i had been diagnosed so young like your daughter to minimize the damage and maximize health. i already loved fruit and it is naturally gluten-free so i can eat it to my heart's content. i liked vegetables till the gluten made it so hard to eat them so getting rid of gluten meant getting to go back to veggies that are so good for me and despite their bad rap i think are pretty good especially with some olive oil and primordial sea salt (which is pink by the way good for you and pretty too). i also can still enjoy meat, fish, beans, seeds, and nuts - and i can better handle meat and fish whereas while i was having gluten it made me feel sick. i think it is easier to be gluten-free today than it used to be and i hope the future will continue to make it even easier. i hope people do not act like you are being a pain by needing to eat what is healthy for u. it sounds like u have great support and that is so helpful. i do not think of myself as abnormal. what is normal for my body is gluten-free. i question if anyone is really meant to eat and properly digest gluten. i hope you have a bright healthy joyful future.

best wishes!
Misdiagnosed - IBS, TMJ, eczema, KP, etc
Real Diagnosis - Gluten & Casein (milk protein) Intolerance, Cross Reactivity to Yeast & Buckwheat
Recommend: Tests: Entero Labs Gluten Sensitivity & Gene Testing
Books: * Allergies by Dr. Carolee Bateson-Koch (digestion, yeast, parasites, body pH...)
* Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms by Dr. Datis Kharrazian (gluten & autoimmune problems)
* Change Your Brain Change Your Life by Dr. Daniel Amen (foods, supplements...)
Supplements: * digestive enzymes, * probiotics (dairy free - Klaire Labs - Pro5)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: