CarolinaKip

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:55 PM

Great news! So it sounds as though there will be a fifth date! :D

I hope so!!
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:36 PM

Thanks everyone. I plan to make some of those suggestions. There was a fifth date ;) He is wanting me to meet his son and taking us to Outback. I've not been there since going gluten-free because I'm pretty sensitive. How should I order to be the safest? I'm sure he will order gluten-free also. I have a week to figure it out.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#18 organicmama

organicmama

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

They have a gluten-free menu. Can't remember if it's online for sure, but I think so. We are dairy free too and they allowed me to bring in substitute butter and cheese and I even got to have Alice Springs Chicken. Their honey mustard is gluten-free.

#19 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:35 AM

Thanks everyone. I plan to make some of those suggestions. There was a fifth date ;) He is wanting me to meet his son and taking us to Outback. I've not been there since going gluten-free because I'm pretty sensitive. How should I order to be the safest? I'm sure he will order gluten-free also. I have a week to figure it out.

Just keep in mind that they add MSG to their steaks. If that doesn't give you heartburn or headaches, then you're all set, if you order a steak, this is :)
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: